Student Accounts Manager
William Peace University, Raleigh
|Position Title:||Student Accounts Manager|
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle’s Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.
|Purpose of Department:||
The William Peace University Business Office is committed to providing responsible management of financial resources with accuracy and integrity. Primary areas of focus include budget management, financial reporting, accounts payable, purchasing, student accounts, payroll, cash management, endowment management and debt management. We value work that emphasizes innovation, collaboration, and people.
|Summary of Position:||
The Student Accounts Manager is responsible for managing activities related to student accounts, billing (accounts receivable), and payment for undergraduate (TUG) and School of Professional Studies (SPS) students. The Manager partners closely and collaboratively with the Registrar’s Office and the Office of Financial Aid to ensure a high level of customer service for students.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:||
● Manages full cycle of student billing including establishing charge definitions for tuition, housing, meal plans, and associated fees each semester.
● Oversees billing process and ensures accuracy of billing.
● Works with campus partners, such as the Registrar, Communications, Information Technology, Financial Aid and Residence Life to ensure efficient and effective processes.
● Triages as appropriate, responds to inquiries via telephone and in person. Assists students and parents/supporters with questions and payment options.
● Manages the third party payment plan including system set up and marketing to students, sending reminders, collecting payments, and assisting with questions/payments.
● Coordinates efforts with multiple departments across campus and employees at all levels to resolve student account issues.
● Contacts students regarding balances prior to collection efforts.
● Works with CFO and Controller on collections and settlements.
● Maintains relationship with third party collection agency.
● Acts as a liaison for student healthcare company.
● Participates in student related committees, as needed.
● Processes student refunds, ensuring accuracy of amounts and promoting electronic payments whenever possible.
● Maintains pacernet.peace.edu and university websites for Student Accounts and Pacer Card, including current forms, information, and announcements.
● Creates and maintains Student Accounts policies and procedures.
● Assists students, staff, and faculty with PacerCard transactions including receipt of funds, printing statements, and answering questions.
● Works with students/parents/supporters regarding health insurance questions.
● Manages internal and external reporting including outstanding balance reports, annual issuance of 1098T tax forms, assistance with the annual audit, etc.
● Works with Senior Accountant on various transactions as they relate to Student Account processes.
● Works effectively with diverse groups of students, families, employees, visitors, and guests. .
● Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills including exceptional customer service; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a culturally diverse environment; excellent attention to detail; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database reporting software; and excellent time management skills.
Experience in a higher education environment; knowledge of Financial Aid regulations; working knowledge of Ellucian’s Colleague; and knowledge of current collection laws and Federal and State regulations including FERPA and other relevant policies.
|Hours per week:||Full-Time|
|Job Posting Date:||09/25/2023|
|Priority Deadline Information:||
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter