Assistant Coach, Women's Lacrosse
William Peace University, Raleigh
|University Information:|| |
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle’s Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.
|Purpose of Department:|| |
The William Peace University Athletics program complements the institution’s core educational mission, helping to enrich the lives of our students while contributing to a vibrant and diverse campus community that inspires excellence. Our work contributes to the holistic educational environment and strengthens community at the University. Academic and athletic excellences are compatible in a well-balanced environment that encourages student-athletes to thrive and achieve their full potential as whole people.
|Summary of Position:|| |
William Peace University seeks applicants for a part-time Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach. Responsible for assisting with all aspects of planning, managing and developing a successful intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse program in accordance with the standards and goals set by William Peace University.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:|| |
• Must know and adhere to all applicable NCAA and university regulations that relate to recruiting, daily program management and operation of the individual sport.
• As directed by the Head Coach—must be able to recruit quality student athletes by means of personal contact, phone and written correspondence with player, coach and parents. Must be able to evaluate ability either in person or through videotape analysis. May be asked to make frequent off-campus trips, at the direction of the Head Coach, to watch games/matches/meets. Must assist in arranging (with the Head Coach, Director of Athletics and the Admissions Office) on-campus visits for prospective student athletes. Must utilize Front Rush software to communicate all recruiting efforts. Ensures compliance with NCAA guidelines for contacting and entertaining prospects.
• Assist in scheduling games, practices, facility and vehicle use in conjunction with the Director of Athletics and other university staff.
• Assist in scheduling and planning practices. Ensure compliance with NCAA regulations on Playing Season. Per NCAA Bylaw 17.01 and 17.02
• Evaluate team and individual performance.
• Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of athletic conditioning and team physical training.
• Monitor the condition of playing equipment and facilities used by his/her team to ensure the safety of student-athletes and staff.
• Coordinate team travel in conjunction with the Head Coach.
• Prepare game plans based on scouting reports and team evaluation.
• Assist with home athletic event game management in conjunction with the Head Coach.
• Monitor the eligibility status and promote the academic progress of student-athletes.
• Assist with approved fundraising activities, as requested.
• Participate in clinics, exhibitions, and camps, as approved.
• Responsible for campus facilities and equipment during practices/home sporting events.
• Effectively work with a diverse population of students, employees, visitors, and guests.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications:|| |
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
|Preferred Qualifications:|| |
• Collegiate coaching experience
• Certification in CPR, AED and first aid
|Hours per week:||10|
|Job Posting Date:||08/16/2023|
|Priority Deadline Information:|| |
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation