Senior Engineering Manager
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Senior Engineering Manager to be hands-on and lead a fast-growing A-player team with deep experience and a passion for innovation. Join us in building and shaping an engineering team in Raleigh as we build products and technology to transform our customers.
What You'll Do
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Iteratively define and refine development processes and engineering best practices as the team grows
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing software engineers and managers
- Work in an agile, small team environment focusing on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 7+ years of developing commercial software in Java
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience using an Agile development process
- Experience in a multi-tenant SaaS product development environment is a plus
- Proven experience sourcing, hiring, and growing a software development team made up of 10+ hires
- Familiarity with multi-platform client technologies
- Current hands-on development experience and knowledge of open-source Java Stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.)
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g., Angular, React) is a plus, and working with User Experience and Product teams to build great user interfaces
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Candidates local to the Greater Raleigh area preferred
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?