Senior Systems Administrator - Veeva RTSM
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Veeva RTSM team is expanding and is hiring systems administrators to help scale its world-class IRT/RTSM system. We are looking for individuals who thrive on solving complex problems, taking ownership of assignments, and who enjoy implementing creative solutions to address business needs.
In addition to using your creativity and infrastructure acumen to build custom client feature requests, you will play a key role in taking our Windows-Server-based platform to the next level by moving it to AWS.
If you have the ambition to join an exciting, well-established, modern technology company and have been seeking the ideal opportunity to do something new and interesting then Veeva is for you.
At Veeva, we offer excellent opportunities for our people to capitalize on their skills and grow in a dynamic, unique, and exceptional work environment.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the effort to migrate the RTSM Infrastructure into AWS
- Manage the AWS environment(s): security, change management, deployment, architecture, and tools
- Perform root cause analysis for complex failures and offer modern solutions
- Collaborate with the engineering (software development) team
- Ensure that the infrastructure can scale to handle 20x growth in activity/load
- Four-year degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience in a related field
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS
- 5+ years of experience in the design and administration of Microsoft infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience with cloud/clustered computing
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages (VBScript, Powershell, etc.)
- Proficiency with relational databases (SQL Server specifically) and high-availability environments
Nice to Have
- Experience migrating from a physical server environment to AWS
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools
- Experience with VMWare/vSphere
- Experience with SQL optimization and design
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.