Senior Consultant - CDMS Programming (Remote)
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Vault Clinical Data Management System (CDMS) is changing the way clinical data is managed in the industry. Vault CDMS combines EDC, coding, data cleaning, and reporting into one application. Gone are the days of complex integrations that limit clinical data availability, now research teams can make faster and more informed decisions.
Veeva Systems is looking for Senior Consultants who have life sciences software programming experience specifically in helping customers optimize the use of EDC in running their clinical trials.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Work with customers to review and understand clinical protocol requirements and prepare, review and finalize all project specifications applying industry and Veeva best practices
- Participate in Vault CDMS Product team discussions to convey data management activities, challenges and end user expectations.
- Configure forms, rules and other study items with Veeva Vault CDMS product during development
- Conduct on-site or remote user acceptance testing with the customer including coordination of all feedback, resolution of issues and acceptance of the study
- Support requirements gathering and specification creation process for all study integrations and go live activities for the study to ensure a smooth transition of the study to the customer
- Act as the customers trusted advisor to ensure that the study trial design is configured in such a way that it meets the customer’s goals and offers the full benefits of Veeva’s CDMS application
- Notify project management of project risks and develop contingency plans as necessary and assure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- Participate and contribute to process product, or best practices initiatives and support developers and testers during the project lifecycle
- Train and mentor customers and clinical sites who are working with the Vault CDMS application
- 5+ years’ experience in end to end data management related activities (database design, data collection, data analysis, query resolution, datasets, statistical reporting)
- 5+ years’ experience working with EDC clinical software solutions in clinical operations, and/or trial management in a project management/consultant role
- Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial processes (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CRO’s and academic & public health organizations) as they relate to design, document, and data collection – demonstrated success with customers during project assessment, planning, development, training and implementation.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background is preferred
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team
- Proven track record of meeting project timelines/deliverables and attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 20-25% (may include international)
Nice to Have
- Experience in interpreting clinical protocols and translating requirements into software specifications including writing and reviewing technical documentation
- Working understanding of data management standards and guidelines (GCDMP, CDISC, SDTMIG, CDASH).
- Experience working with system integrators for IVRS, medical coding, eSource, CTMS, eTMF, and other clinical technologies
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- Familiarity with CDISC, ODM and other data management industry standards
- SaaS/Cloud experience in the delivery of clinical trials
- Experience with training for clinical sites and at investigator meetings
- Consulting experience
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness program
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.