Senior Consultant - CDB Programming (Remote)
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva CDB is a clinical data platform that aggregates and harmonizes all data sources to provide our customers with clean, well-organized data that is ready-to-use faster. Gone are the days of complex integrations that limit clinical data availability, now research teams can make faster and more informed decisions.
Veeva Systems is looking for Senior Consultants who have deep data management expertise and are experienced in helping customers optimize the use of cleaning listings and reporting in running their clinical trials. You have a strong understanding of SQL and configuration (eCRFs, Edit Checks, etc). We’re looking for a Consultant that also has a level of understanding of clinical data management standards and guidelines (GCDMP, CDISC, SDTMIG, CDASH).
In this role you will be at the forefront of our mission and responsible for four main things: First, assessing customers’ data management needs and challenges, offering guidance and direction to ensure that the clinical trial is designed with the deliverable in view. Second, understanding our customers’ clinical trial protocol requirements to implement a study design with the Vault CDMS application, while adhering to Good Clinical Data Management Practices and Veeva standards to optimize value. Third, authoring all specification documents used by team members and configuring the study design during the development phase of the project. Finally, training and mentoring customers and clinical sites who are working with the Vault CDMS application or are new to clinical trials.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT)
What You'll Do
- Develop listings to implement data cleaning specifications (e.g., required fields, range checks, data type checks, and within-and across-record logic checks) using SQL-based language.
- Collaborate with Clinical Study Teams to identify additional data cleaning requirements based on commonly identified issues and feedback from participating sites.
- Develop outlier programs to identify data that may exceed actual and logical limitations of each data element and produce reports specifying possible and probable errors contained in the data (e.g., invalid data, missing data, and data in conflict with the within- and across-record logic checks).
- Assist in creating aggregated datasets; develop and execute ad hoc operational reports not already implemented within the EDC.
- Collaborate with clinical data providers (Central Laboratories, ECG, eCOA, IRT, etc.) to receive data and test the transfer based on requirements.
- 7+ years of in-depth understanding of data collection, data flow management, data quality, data extraction, and data standards
- Excellent programming skills in SQL is required. Experience with multiple programming languages (SAS programming language, R, JSON, or other languages/tools) desired, including the creation of EDC database development.
- Knowledge of CDISC Standards CDASH & SDTM, ADaM knowledge as a plus.
- Working Knowledge of clinical trial processes across pharmaceuticals, device, and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders, and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, but also as part of a team where you need to “roll up your sleeves” to implement a clinical solution
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of CDISC Standards CDASH & SDTM, ADaM knowledge SaaS/Cloud experience
- Life Science, computer science, change management, or related degree
- Experience with Veeva applications
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.