Software Engineer - Java
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for multiple Software Engineers that are eager to build in a fast-paced, startup environment inside a stable, profitable company. Our teams are solving complex problems that impact the speed and effectiveness of how critical treatments and medicines get to the patients who need them. In this role, you’ll jump right in, develop in rapid sprints, and find quickly that we don’t believe in throwaway technology. You build it -- we ship it.
Software Engineers will contribute to the technical design and implementation of product features for various products at Veeva. In this role, you will work with a smart, highly motivated team to take on technical challenges that are associated with our ever-growing number of customers. You should be a self-starter, who loves technical challenges and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment.
Ideal candidates have worked in enterprise software development or for a high-growth technology company.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, and deliver cloud-based features and products
- Build an application architecture that is robust and scalable
- Write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment using design patterns and Object Oriented Principles
- Create rich user experiences
- Write quality code with high unit and integration test coverage
- Mentor junior developers
- 3+ years experience in Java, preferably at an enterprise cloud software company
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Hands-on experience with open source technologies such as Spring, MySQL/Postgres, Hibernate, Git, Jenkins, Mockito, Tomcat, Linux, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Experience across the full tech stack- Mobile/UI/Backend/Integration
- Experience with patient-facing or clinical trial or life sciences software, and/or HIPAA are nice to have
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.