Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under general supervision of the Oncology Return Scheduler Supervisor, the Administrative Specialist will schedule return appointments in our Adult Oncology clinics using standard established processes. In addition with the scheduling team, coordinate and oversees complex scheduling, maintains daily reports, participates in projects and operation support, assist with development of departmental and program standards, and provides professional assistance to physicians, nursing, clinics, and management staff. May perform duties of an administrative associate but with greater autonomy and discretion. Work involves a greater knowledge of office/clinic procedures and practice, independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
1. Complex coordination of appointments for patients
2. Completing the check-out process for all patients and maintaining a daily EOD report for assigned disease group
3. Maintaining No Show, Cancel Visit, and Reschedule report as outlined in the departments guidelines
4. Cross-training and cross coverage with other disease groups as needed
5. Answering incoming calls and returning calls from voicemail
6. Train others using verbal and written communication
7. Provide patients with support and guidance as needed
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of clerical or administrative experience
● If Associate's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system as appropriate Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan. Coaching: Shares information, advice and suggestions to help others to be more successful. Provides appropriate support and acts as a resource depending on the situation and capabilities of the employee. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation Solving Problems: Uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology Return Patient Access
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $18.20 - $25.86 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.