Physical Therapist I
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Rehabilitation Services Department at the Center for Rehabilitation Care is accepting applications for an Outpatient Full-Time Physical Therapist. This position involves delivering therapy services across various diagnoses, including vestibular, cardiopulmonary, long covid, stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord, Parkinson's disease, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and more. Candidates should possess strong time management, self-initiation, communication, and organizational skills. Preferably, candidates will have clinical experience in an outpatient setting, inpatient rehab, or working with complex diagnosis. This position includes ability to offer flexible scheduling including Saturdays.
Preferred qualifications: Outpatient or inpatient Rehab experience. Experience with cardiopulmonary diagnosis and/or vestibular is preferred.
1. Diagnostic Testing - Administers basic & complex diagnostic tests and evaluations in the area of Physical Therapy for the treatment of mobility disorders and related impairments
2. Education - Teach & supervise graduate Physical Therapy students and/or clinical fellows/residents. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
3. Evaluation of Care - Analyzes results of diagnostic and or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and or modify subsequent treatment programs. Identifies expected patient outcomes. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
4. Implementation-- Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient rehabilitative services. Provides habilitation/rehabilitation and maintenance of persons with mobility related impairments. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs.
5. Outreach/Community Involvement-Serves as resource to North Carolina government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty areas. Presents at local (university/hospital) or state level, participates in community health screening and events. Participates in the development of new clinical programs to meet emerging needs in conjunction with the clinical specialist and/or department director.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● - Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
● - BLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Physical Therapy Center Rehab Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $32.23 - $46.33 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.