Physical Therapist Asst
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is mainly for weekend coverage (Saturday and Sunday) of inpatients in our hospitals in Smithfield and Clayton, but could include weekday coverage, depending on availability of candidate. Generally, 2 weekends a month is required, but there is some flexibility if that requirement cannot always be met.
Performs a wide variety of skilled physical therapy treatments for patients based upon the physical therapy evaluations and goals completed by the physical therapist. Advances the patient's treatment plan in response to the patient's progress. Assists with discharge planning.
1. Contributes to various interdisciplinary team meetings to plan for patient needs, discuss family education plans, and discharge plans.
2. Precepts PT technicians or other physical therapist assistants and evaluate the learner's competency per department guidelines.
3. Documents patient treatment and progress toward goals. Completes department records for billing and statistics.
4. Instructs physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students.
5. Provides skilled physical therapy treatments to a wide variety of patients. Designs and teach exercise program to meet PT goals. Fits and teaches patient to use ambulatory devices including braces, walkers, canes, crutches safely to negotiate stairs, curbs, and unlevel ground. Teaches patient airway clearance techniques and perform chest PT procedures. Instructs patient and family in home exercises, ambulation, and use of adaptive equipment for discharge.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director
● Graduation from an accredited two-year Physical Therapist Assistant program.
● Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant by the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Physical Therapy
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Salary Range: $24.13 - $34.70 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.