Inpatient Pharmacy Tech II
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified Technician in Pharmacy Supply Storeroom plays a key role in the support of multiple pharmacy areas throughout UNC Hospital by receiving and redistributing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
This position qualifies for our Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program, which includes $5000 in commitment incentives spread over a two-year period. Payment is made after six months, one year, and two years of employment. Learn more about the Pharmacy Technician Incentive Program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/pharmacy-technician-commitment-incentive-program
1. Receives, orders, restocks, rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management
2.Delivers and exchanges medications to the respective pharmacy area.
3. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, order shipping/receipt, etc.
4. Coordinates with multiple pharmacy areas to ensure proper inventory management.
5.Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
6. Contributes to process improvement projects.
7. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage areas, including controlled and non-controlled substance inventories, Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) compliance, and other regulatory documentation as required.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to lift 40 lbs minimum using good body mechanics
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Inpatient Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $17.50 - $24.63 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.