Director Operations, School of Medicine Psychiatry
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Operations, SOM Psychiatry will lead the development, implementation and ongoing management of programs to ensure successful clinical and financial results. They will be responsible for overseeing multiple, simultaneous initiatives, and ensure consistency and alignment with UNC Health's overall strategy and goals. They will be responsible for communicating these objectives to their assigned hospital leadership.
1. Lead regular communication and collaboration amongst providers, managers, system stakeholders and hospital leaders to achieve desired outcomes.
2. Support teammates and providers by identifying resources and removing barriers in order to achieve organizational goals. Provide senior leadership as necessary to assure positive results.
3. Partner with system and entity stakeholders in finance to develop practice level budgets and coordination of provider compensation plans. Actively participate in oversight of data reporting and analytics to ensure accuracy of information shared and to allow for ongoing monitoring and improvement of organizational performance.
4. Work closely with Legal and Compliance to assure system and entity policies are widely understood and upheld.
5. Collaborate with Recruitment, hospital leadership, community partners and physician leaders in order to recruit and retain needed providers.
6. Hire, develop, train and evaluate practice managers in order to develop high performing and diverse teams.
7. Utilize KPI, dashboards and other data specific to experience, finance, HR and quality in order to lead performance improvement efforts.
8. Participate in planning with Business Development, Clinical Onboarding and hospital leadership to operationalize new physican practices, providers and initiatives.
9. Meet regularly with partners in clinical areas to coordinate roll out of quality initiatives, patient safety protocols and clinical improvement pilots.
● Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of five (5) years of experience in practice operations, finance and/or clinical operations management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to perform high level statistical analysis and be able to determine best sources and metrics for ongoing measurement to validate improvement. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, direct, and coach diverse groups.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Psychiatry
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
Work Assignment Type: Hybrid
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.