Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
PREPARES PATIENT FOR PROCEDURE:
- Identifies patient using two identifiers and two sources.
- Documents pregnancy according to procedure.
- Identifies common clinical indications for imaging studies and notes discrepancies.
- Correctly documents and maintains patient care records—ensures order is correct.
- Sets technical factors, positions patient to achieve optimal images.
- Completes quality exams with efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintains competency when performing surgical Imaging exams under strict sterile procedure.
- Performs quality diagnostic exams with portable machine in ER, and floor units.
- Recognizes limitations of knowledge for student radiographer; avoids repeat or unnecessary errors.
MAINTAINS THE SAFETY INCLUDING RADIATION SAFETY OF THE PATIENT AND THE TECHNOLOGIST
- Properly shields patient.
- Minimizes repeats.
- Demonstrates compliance with ALARA principles.
- Demonstrates understanding and compliance with NPSG’s; maintains the safety integrity per room assignment.
- Prepared for emergencies and uses the correct procedures to maximize safety and minimize risks; detects hazardous situations and takes action to correct it or report it; reports incidents or accidents promptly.
- Demonstrates good infection control practices.
ASSISTS RADIOLOGIST IN PERFORMING FLUORO PROCEDURES
- Sets up room properly for each exam including proper supplies for radiological study.
MAINTAINS LEVEL OF COMPETENCY THROUGH EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Participates in in-service education classes including departmental.
- Maintains “in good standing” status under the direction of radiology program coordinator.
- Maintains knowledge of department meeting.
- Meets deadlines for review of educational, policies, modules, meeting, etc.
- Stays informed of departmental policy changes.
IS ABLE TO IDENTIFY AND ADDRESS THE NEEDS OF DIFFERENT PATIENT AGE GROUPS (IE PEDIATRIC, ADOLESCENT, GERIATRIC) AND DEMONSTRATES THE ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE WITH THESE PATIENTS RECOGNIZES TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS AND COMMUNICATES THAT INFORMATION PROMPTLY TO THE SUPERVISING TECH OR RADIOLOGY PHYSICIAN
High School Graduate or GED required. Must be attending AMA approved school of radiologic technology. Must be a second level student and must be in good standing with current curriculum or currently enrolled in CAAHEP-recognized Sonography Program required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Imaging
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Salary Range: $18.20 - $25.86 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.