Clinical Pharmacist - ICU & ED Evenings
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: UNC Rex Healthcare’s Pharmacy Team has an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual interested in providing patient care to our adult critical care patient population. This individual will serve as a member of the critical care team, and will provide direct patient care for patients in the MSICU, NSICU, CSICU, and CICU during our 2nd shift (1300-2130). The Clinical Pharmacist will work in a multidisciplinary environment alongside our inpatient care teams. This individual is able to precept students and residents in the PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs. In addition, this person will work closely with other members of the Department of Pharmacy to address any needs that might arise and that require this person’s qualifications and/or expertise.
• Assess relevant patient data, in conjunction with prescribed therapies, and make appropriate pharmaceutical care interventions
• Provide pharmacokinetic management • Provide pharmacist support to inpatient nursing units
• Provide drug information to clinicians
• Counsel patients and appropriate family members regarding pharmaceutical care issues and lifestyle modifications
• Adverse Drug Event and Medication Error Reporting
• Code Blue participation
• Participation in research and quality improvement initiatives
• Representation on hospital or departmental committees
• Adhere to federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations
UNC Rex clinical pharmacy services provide decentralized, comprehensive and high-quality care for patients across all areas of Rex. The clinical pharmacy staff are comprised of almost 40 individuals who are involved in numerous quality improvement initiatives, precept students and residents and represent our patients’ best interests across the health system.
● PharmD or BS Pharmacy Degree
● Active pharmacist licensure with the NC Board of Pharmacy or obtainable before initiation of employment. Recent graduates of ACPE-accredited colleges/schools of pharmacy may fill this role while pending initial pharmacist licensure, but are subject to limitations mandated by the NC Board of Pharmacy and must obtain licensure within 6 months of orientation or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
.• PharmD is highly preferred.
• The designation of Board Certified Critical Care or Emergency Medicine Pharmacist (BCCCP or BCEMP)
• Completion of PGY-2 Critical Care or Emergency is preferred, or equivalent experience.Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
• Free continuing education
• Initial BPS certification or equivalent certification reimbursement
• Training programs for preceptor development
• Career and leadership classes through online learning modules
• Tuition reimbursement to further career-related education
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $49.75 - $71.50 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.