Respiratory Therapist II
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under the direction of department management and according to policies and procedures as defined in the Department Policy and Procedure Manuals, the Respiratory Therapist, Senior demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge in respiratory care and assigned patient care areas. The Respiratory Therapist II administers competent care of patients through airway management, mechanical ventilator management, oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, respiratory care procedures and treatments designed to assess, prevent, stabilize or remedy patients respiratory dysfunction.
1. Administers standard Respiratory Care including but not limited to, aerosol medication delivery, basic bedside pulmonary function testing, breathing exercises, oxygen therapy, (Not inclued in Per DIem Job) and arterial punctures. Provides for all aspects of airway management including aspiration of established airways, tracheostomy care, tracheostomy tube changes, endotracheal intubations and extubations. May perform Pulmonary Function Testing as needed.
2. May be required to be on-call days, nights, weekends and holidays.
3. May Perform all aspects of ventilator care to include, but not limited to setting up the ventilator and verifying function using specialized ventilator modes to manage the patients disease process. Provide for an appropriate monitoring of these patients and provide appropriate weaning techniques.
4. Maintains and improves job knowledge and skills. Functions independently with minimal supervision. Serves as resource to other staff reflective of experience level.
● Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
● Current certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required. Note: Current teammates with active Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) certification by the NBRC and a minimum of 15 years of experience as a CRT and are ineligible for the RRT board exam with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of respiratory care also qualify for this role.
Dependent upon population served and regardless of if RRT or CRT, all teammates must have at least one of the following depending upon practice area: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – Adult Care , Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - NICU, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - PICU/Rex, Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT), or advanced practice certificate to administer moderate sedation in Bronchoscopy Lab. All certifications must be maintained as required by the certifying body.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Cardiopulmonary
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Salary Range: $25.94 - $37.29 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.