RN Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) II OR- Operating Room - North Chapel Hill Surgery Center
North Chapel Hill Surgery Center is seeking a RN Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) II - Operating Room (OR) with 3 years' experience, a team building, positive attitude to join their new Surgery Center.
Service lines: Ortho (sports med, hand, foot/ankle); Plastics; and Ophthalmology (ocular plastics).
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 6am to 6pm, with no weekends and no holidays. NO weekends or holidays. (BLS required, ACLS and PALS preferred, but required within 6 months of hire)
*This position qualifies for our UNC Hospitals RN Incentive Program, which includes up to $20,000 commitment incentive or up to $25,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program.
The RN ASC II OR hours will be 40 hours per week position. This position qualifies for an extensive benefit package including PTO hours, which are accrued based on the number of worked hours. This position requires the ability to attend a weeklong orientation (Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm) prior to the required training on the unit. Orientation is offered every two weeks. Unit training varies on the position and the individual.
North Chapel Hill Surgery Center is a free-standing multi-specialty facility that is a joint venture between Rex and UNC Med Center. This facility has 2 operating rooms and 8 preop/PACU bays. It is located at 151 Old University Station Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Demonstrates competence in caring for patients
with complex problems. In addition demonstrates
clinical leadership skills through contribution to standards of care and unit
goals. Serves as a role model for other staff and
a preceptor for new employees and participates in endeavors to increase nursing
1. Assessment - Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication with others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
2. Education - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self and others. Participates in development and presentation of staff education programs geared to unit needs and staff level. Assists in development of, and utilizes patient education materials relevant to patient population.
3. Evaluation - Evaluates patient progress and revises plan accordingly. Maintains accountability for carrying out components of the plan.
4. Implementation - Demonstrates expertise in care of patients with complex problems, including appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Provides direction in implementation of the plan and serves as a resource to other staff members. Utilizes hospital standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care.
5. Leadership - Develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified timeframe or renegotiates with supervisor. Participates in activities that facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration and serves as role model for nursing involvement. Functions as a consultant in various phases of the nursing process throughout the hospital. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Models behaviors that effectively give feedback to coworkers. Incorporates awareness of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment into practice. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
6. Planning - Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Consistently makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Uses full range of communication means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Consistently demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research - Reads journals that contain articles and studies that are applicable to practice and discusses their feasibility of implementation with others. With assistance, applies research findings to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability. Assists with data collection in research being conducted in work area. Shares knowledge with staff.
8. Multidiscipline: Completes surgery scheduling, ensuring surgeries are appropriately scheduled based upon surgeon and resource availability; attach appropriate preference cards based on surgery type and assigned surgeon; initiate schedule changes as needed to meet operational needs. Cross trained to staff in PAT as well as Preop/PACU.
● Graduation from a school of professional nursing; BSN preferred.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● BLS required upon hire. ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire date.
CNOR certification preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of 3 years OR experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must have CNOR or BSN.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Operating Room N CH Surg
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $34.65 - $49.81 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.