Regional Emergency Preparedness Assistant Coordinator - Regional Emergency Prep Grant
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position assists and supports the Healthcare Preparedness Coordinator in completion and execution of disaster planning, response, recovery, logistics, and related grant activities within the region and State Medical Response System. Grant guidelines may dictate additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the annual scope of work for the associated grant cycle. The assistant coordinator often works independently and serves as the HPC in his or her absence.
1. Logistical management and maintenance of supplies and equipment for the Mid Carolina Healthcare Coalition, State Medical Assistance Team (SMAT) and Medical Reserve Corps. (MRC). Deploys with response components when necessary and assists with the management and coordination of deployments within the State of NC and neighboring states in the southeast U.S.
2. Administrative duties related to management of grant projects and activities. Leads or assists in the development of projects, activities, emergency operations plans and annexes, and other duties when dictated by program requirements. Communication with the NC Office of EMS and regional partners regarding emergency preparedness and operational activities.
3. Assists with budget development and accounting activities (purchasing, budgeting, grant draw downs and reimbursement processing). Complete and/or develop monthly reports to track and monitor finances related to supplies, equipment, and grant expenditures associated with assigned projects and primary areas of responsibility.
4. Conduct, develop, or participate in hazards vulnerability analyses, annual work plan projects, training and exercise activities, after action reports, improvement plans, and other associated components of the grants program as identified by Program Guidelines and the Preparedness Coordinator. Attends and conducts classes related to emergency preparedness and other associated subject matter.
Ability to work independently and with diverse groups is a must. ICS 300, 400 and HSEEP preferred upon hire or within the first year of employment. Mechanical, computer, and organizational skills necessary. Class C operator license necessary, trailer towing and forklift operation skills preferred.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience in emergency services, disaster planning or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Regional Emergency Prep Grant
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $20.88 - $30.02 per hour (Hiring Range)
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.