RN Nursing Coordinator - Surgery Plastics Clinic
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This RN Coordinator role supports the pediatric division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, including Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery. They will attend provider clinics to assist in direct patient care, educate and communicate with the patient and family regarding their plan of care, and coordinate care across departments for the patient. They will also maintain a nurse clinic where they will independently see patients needing follow-up, post-operative care, tissue expansion procedures, and more.
Patient populations for which the Pediatric/Craniofacial RN Coordinator provides care:
• cleft lip/palate
• craniosynostosis (multiple types, syndromic/non-syndromic)
• van der Woude syndrome, Pierre-Robin syndrome, Crouzon syndrome
• Midline craniofacial defects
• Congenital microtia
• Congenital ear anomalies
• Giant congenital nevus of face and scalp
• Facial vascular lesions/hemangiomas, including children and adults with Sturge-Weber Syndrome
• Spina bifida, congenital scoliosis/kyphosis requiring spinal wound closures • Facial trauma including gunshot wounds, facial fractures, scalp avulsion, burn scar alopecia, acquired deformities of ear
• All treatment of pediatric patients for non-craniofacial diagnoses such as: giant congenital nevus of trunk or other areas, dermoid cysts, other lesions, macromastia, gynecomastia, lesions, keloids, pilonidal cyst disease, chronic wounds in children with spina bifida/scoliosis, tissue expansions for children
This position has the possibility of providing care across multiple locations including Raleigh Blue Ridge, UNC Children’s Hospital, and UNC School of Dentistry.
Provides clinical administrative nursing care coordination in support of a patient care area. Duties include one or more of the following care coordination, discharge planning, data analysis and performance metrics, and patient/staff education.
This position qualifies for a $10,000 incentive. To learn more visit: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-medical-center-unc-faculty-physicians-outpatient-commitment-incentive-program
1. Assesses patient status of a specialized population. Rounds with an interdisciplinary health care team to determine patient care needs and coordinate ongoing acute care and long-term needs. Uses expertise and experience in specialty practice to facilitate patient care. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family and health care team to communicate patient care needs including coordination of patient/family care conferences.
2. Collaborates with health care team to provide information and resources to facilitate patient care. Provides inservices and formal presentations to nursing, medical and ancillary staff on topics related to the specialized patient population. Assist staff in the development of patient education materials for the patient population. Perform patient teaching related to specific topics and patient needs. Documents patient teaching in the medical record in the appropriate sections
3. Collects data related to specialized patient population and analyzes for trends. Enters data or coordinates its entry into databases and registries for benchmarking purposes. Participates in performance improvement activities to promote quality patient care. Analyzes data for trends and makes suggestions for revisions to patient care protocols for the patient population. Monitors outcomes of care for patient population and collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team on evaluation of outcomes.
4. Coordinates patient care for post-hospitalization care and discharge planning. Makes referrals to other care providers during acute care episode and for post-discharge care. Communicates discharge needs to interdisciplinary health care team, patient and family. Coordinates appointments with clinics, outside referral sources, home care, durable medical equipment providers and other providers to ensure continuity of care for the patient. Attends care conferences and interdisciplinary care rounds. Documents care planning and communication with health care providers in the medical record.
5. Promotes own professional development through attending inservices and presentations. Keeps current in practice through conferences, reading current literature and research. Role models professional nursing practice to others through use of the nursing process and professional behaviors
● Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of professional nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: Surgery Plastics Clinic
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $34.65 - $49.81 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.