Cardiac Sonographer II (Echo)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides cardiac ultrasound in one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. Serves a diverse group of inpatients and outpatients on a dynamic team dedicated to continuing education, professional growth, and high-quality patient care.
$15,000 commitment incentive (paid over a 3-year work commitment; installments every 6 months after start date). Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (relocation amounts based on candidate location distance at time of hire).
1. Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to patient assessment pre- and post-procedure care and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
2. Ensures equipment is calibrated and properly maintained on a daily basis. Performs and records all equipment maintenance and quality assurance monitoring. Troubleshoots and identifies any equipment problems and reports to appropriate supervisor or biomedical engineering.
3. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and/or vascular related structures. Performs advanced cardiac ultrasound studies in care of patients with complex conditions and regularly performs multiple study types with varied anatomical areas.
4. Performs vascular studies and real time readings/reports in the operating room for invasive and non-invasive vascular procedures.
5. Performs studies for inpatient neonatal/NICU and pediatric patients.
6. May perform staff training and education. Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to Cardiovascular Sonographers.
7. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
8. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and is responsible for timely and efficient room preparation between procedures.
9. Independently responds to on-call needs for emergent procedures.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year minimum experience in acute hospital setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Specific competencies required by entity.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Cardiac Echo
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $32.23 - $40.29 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.