Revenue Cycle Analyst - Physician Revenue Cycle Management
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst serves in an analytical and consultative capacity providing data driven insights and actionable information to drive improvement, increase efficiency, and implement best practices in revenue cycle operations. The Revenue Cycle Analyst is a key liaison between Revenue Cycle and Physician/Hospital leadership. The Revenue Cycle Analyst will work closely with Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst(s) and a Practice Relations Director to provide financial and operational data analyses to enhance organizational decision-making.
1. Revenue Cycle Analysis - Provides financial and operational data analysis to generate insights that advance Departmental, Entity, and System initiatives and improve performance. Develops and maintains reports, dashboards, and balanced scorecards using visual analytics that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
2. Customer Presentations - Develops and delivers impactful presentations for senior executives, departmental and/or hospital leaders, and/or at meetings with other key stakeholders. Follows best practices for presenting and utilizes correct template and formatting to provide consistent and easy to understand data analysis.
3. Technical Support and Expertise - Leads training and education of end users and team members on self-service reporting tools, including preparation of instructional materials such as PowerPoint presentations and procedural documents, in collaboration with Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst. Identifies and keeps abreast of emerging revenue cycle trends, recommending and designing analyses to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
4. Collaboration and Teamwork - Collaborates with both Practice Relations Director and Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst to develop impactful analysis and messaging to assigned customers.
5. Solutions Delivery – Serves as the revenue cycle expert and liaison for assigned customers, developing solutions to operational and billing functions through collaboration with Revenue Cycle departments.
6. Systems Impact – Identifies revenue cycle trends in the data that drive process improvements for revenue cycle, assigned departments, and the system. Completes enhancements that positively impact the health system’s bottom line through increased collections and reductions in the cost to collect.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of experience in revenue cycle analysis or healthcare data analysis; healthcare consulting, or relevant clinical operations.-Experience in health system or private practice revenue cycle or operations.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks and priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy. Must maintain excellent communications with
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Physician Revenue Cycle Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $27.89 - $40.09 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Hybrid
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.