Financial Analyst Senior - UNC Physicians Network
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
develops and coordinates the preparation of budgets, financial statements,
statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information. Performs
complex and specialized assignments in area of expertise. Performs lead role in
coordinating complex projects.
1. Assists in the development, implementation and management of financial systems, cost accounting systems and/or financial policies and procedures.
2. Develops complex financial reports and analysis for senior management and external agencies. Presents reports to senior management or committees. Prepares complex charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
3. Maintain communication with assigned department managers and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of complex financial reports, to provide information and to resolve complex problems concerning variances from approved budget. Provide technical support to assigned departments regarding budgeting system and procedures.
4. Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures and prepares detailed reports and analysis on trends. Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments. Analyzes and evaluates departmental budget requests to prepare budgetary documents, reports, and recommendations. Presents fiscal data of assigned departments at budget hearings. Advises senior leaders on budget trends and issues.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB, and FASB.
6. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned areas. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
7. Serves a department lead, mentoring and training lower level staff and assuming responsibility for the most complex budget and financial issues.
● Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master’s degree: Four (4) years of experience in financial planning or analysis.
● If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years of experience in financial planning or analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, analyze and audit data.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $37.24 - $53.54 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Hybrid
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.