Massage Therapist (Per Diem) - Meadowmont Wellness Center
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides body work therapy to clients within the scope of individual training and certification. Directly reports to the Massage Program Coordinator.
Must be Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Massage and Body Work Therapy.
1. Ensures cleanliness of work areas before and after use. Sets up and breaks down work areas and maintains supplies as needed. Immediately cleans up spills. Exercises dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility. Maintains schedule as assigned. Practices universal health care protocol while dealing with clients and coworkers.
2. Explains all procedures to clients in a manner that respects their individual needs and preferences. Maintains client confidentiality at all times--on and off-site. Reports any unusual client interactions to the appropriate manager immediately.
3. Performs health history on new and returning clients prior to each session. Ascertains precautions and contraindications for massage prior to each session. Documents above information on standardized health history forms. Consults with other staff when appropriate to provide continuity of care.
4. Performs other job-related duties as assigned to ensure that the overall development and functioning of the Wellness Center is maximized. Helps to market massage therapy program through chair massage, leading or participating in massage workshops and helping with promotional ideas and events.
5. Provides safe, appropriate and effective body work therapy to clients of the Wellness Center. Develops individualized body work sessions based on client health history and input. Asks for feedback during session as to depth of work.
● Graduation from an accredited Massage program.
● Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Massage and Body Work Therapy.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of massage therapy or related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Meadowmont Wellness Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 18.00
Salary Range: $16.81 - $21.01 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.