Cardiovascular Sonographer II
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Join the UNC Health Team as a Cardiovascular Sonographer II -
Come join our enjoyable and well-rounded team at a state-of-the-art facility in the heart of southern wake county! Our culture is welcoming and supportive because it is just as important for us to help you succeed as it is to help those that we serve in the community. Our entire department is comprised of multiple imaging modalities that all function as one big, happy family! So if you are looking for a place to work that truly values what you bring to the team, promotes a healthy work/life balance, and helps work feel less like actual work then this is the place for you. The right candidate would be someone that is fun and flexible plus functions well in a team setting but can still operate independently when needed.
Employs radiologic sciences technology to perform a variety of patient care, technical, and diagnostic tasks targeted to the care of patients with cardiovascular disease. Major tasks include ultrasound imaging, patient preparation and post procedure care, procedure room set-up and cleaning, technical reporting, and quality monitoring.
Hours: Friday, 7a-4:30p; Saturday and Sunday, 7a-1p (no on call or holidays)
1. Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to patient assessment pre- and post-procedure care and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
2. Ensures equipment is calibrated and properly maintained on a daily basis. Performs and records all equipment maintenance and quality assurance monitoring. Troubleshoots and identifies any equipment problems and reports to appropriate supervisor or biomedical engineering.
3. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and/or vascular related structures. Performs advanced cardiac ultrasound studies in care of patients with complex conditions and regularly performs multiple study types with varied anatomical areas.
4. Performs vascular studies and real time readings/reports in the operating room for invasive and non-invasive vascular procedures.
5. Performs studies for inpatient neonatal/NICU and pediatric patients.
6. May perform staff training and education. Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to Cardiovascular Sonographers.
7. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
8. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and is responsible for timely and efficient room preparation between procedures.
9. Independently responds to on-call needs for emergent procedures.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year minimum experience in acute hospital setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Specific competencies required by entity.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Salary Range: $32.23 - $40.29 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.