RN Clinical Nurse IV (Assistant Nurse Manager) - Ambulatory Surgery Center
RN Clinical Nurse IV - Operating Room
Our day surgery (M-F) include services such as but not limited to: Sports Medicine: Knee, Shoulder, Hip Arthroscopies, ACL, Surgery Oncology, Dental, Plastics, ENT: Sinus Endoscopy, Cochlear Implants, Urology, General and Vascular surgeries. We have an inclusive educational / orientation program which allows our nurses to scrub and circulate. This is a fast paced environment that encourages professional growth and development with outstanding teamwork.
Are you someone who is highly motivated, has good communication skills, and OR experience? If the answer is yes, come and join our one great team!
40hr/wk. Dayshift- Monday-Friday, NO weekends, NO holidays, NO call
State Benefits and Retirement packages
*This position qualifies for our UNC Medical Center Operating Room Incentive Program, which includes up to $10,000 sign-on bonus and $20,000 commitment incentive or up to $25,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program. Learn more about our UNC Hospitals RN Incentive Program here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/chp-or-incentive
**Please include a comprehensive CV and letter of recommendation with application (see details listed below)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Surgical Services Clinical Nurse IV practices at the level of an expert practitioner of nursing as defined by Benner, P. (1984). From Novice to Expert. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company. The nurse at this level demonstrates expertise in caring for patients with multiple and complex problems. In addition to demonstrating clinical leadership in Surgical Services, the Clinical Nurse IV serves as a resource and hospital-wide consultant to staff and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge.
The Clinical Nurse IV applicant should provide evidence of clinical leadership and professional behaviors. A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a letter of recommendation from a professional nursing colleague are required and should be attached at the time of application.
The CV should include evidence of the following categories whenever possible:
- Work History
- Educational Preparation
- Course/Skill Certifications
- Professional Certifications
- Professional Involvement
- Professional Memberships
- Committees, Task Forces, Work Groups
- Performance Improvement Projects/Teams & Role
- Peer Review and/or Recruitment & Retention Activities
- Community Involvement
- Awards, Recognition and Grants
- Relevant Continuing Education
1. Clinical Nursing Practice - Promotes an environment that values diversity, open communication, teamwork and exceptional service. Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients, clients and families for assigned shift. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning to achieve desired patient outcomes. Coordinates care with interdisciplinary team members. Demonstrates and role models clinical expertise in specified patient population and shares expertise with other staff. Promotes and ensures the use of the nursing process to provide quality patient care. Assesses and anticipates patient and family learning needs and organizes resources to ensure that they are met. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan.
2. Education and Professional Development - Coordinates, designs and implements educational programs to meet identified learning needs of staff, patients and families. Promotes and ensures staff participation in continuing education, orientation, competency, in-service and staff development offerings. Participates in development and implementation of competency initiatives. Serves as an area of specialty consultant in the design of educational programs. Participates in development of and provides clinical expertise for patient education materials. Promotes professional growth of self and staff. Promotes a conducive environment for learning and provides educational experiences for students.
3. HR Management - Creates and promotes an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Provides feedback to Manager/Supervisor and Director to assist in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Assists Nurse Manager by providing assigned staff with performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Models and promotes behaviors that effectively give continual feedback to staff and colleagues. Integrates best practice standards regarding retention of staff in all aspects of practice.
4. Operational and Fiscal Management - Establishes and promotes standards of excellence for areas of responsibility and ensures consistent implementation by staff. Provides input about trends related to program development, space needs and fiscal realities. Ensures appropriate and adequate clinical staffing and skill mix to meet patient care needs on own shift and upcoming shift. Effectively uses clinical and financial information to assist Nurse Manager to establish and meet budgetary goals. Collaborates with Nurse Manager to implement strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes. Assists Nurse Manager to ensure that internal and external regulatory standards are met or exceeded.
5. Research and Performance Improvement - Collaborates with Nurse Manager to evaluate research that is applicable to practice and promotes changes in standards of care as appropriate. Guides research development and implementation. Utilizes resources in asking research questions and applying appropriate research methods Shares knowledge with colleagues through publication, presentations or other means. Develops, implements and evaluates new and creative approaches to meeting goals. Leads, participates and promotes performance improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care opportunities.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Professional certification relevant to the practice area and on the ANCC Magnet approved list within the probationary period of employment. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Eighteen (18) months of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting to include didactic and clinical experience in the area of assignment preferably with charge and precepting experience in the area of assignment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Operating Room ASC
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.