Outreach Specialist - Licensed Social Worker
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The purpose of the Community Outreach Specialist (SW) position is to increase community awareness of both the UNC Hospice and Palliative Care programs by marketing these programs, offering insight to potential referral sources on the patient/family benefits of these programs and to provide training to providers, patients and families related to program specifics. The Community Outreach Specialist position, will increase visibility and knowledge within the community of the availability and benefits of UNC Hospice and Palliative Care services.
Home Health/Hospice experience highly preferred.
The Liaison is responsible for outreach and public relations for Hospice and Palliative Care programs. Primary responsibility is as a liaison to physicians, nursing homes, discharge planners, managed care organizations, churches and civic groups. Promotes hospice and palliative care programs and services through contacts, public presentations, phone contacts and correspondence.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Promotes hospice and palliative care programs and services through contacts to referral sources.
2. Serves as a liaison to churches, corporations and civic organizations.
3. Initiates and maintains contact with discharge planners, including surrounding communities.
4. Helps meet hospice and palliative care programs goals for referrals and census.
6. Develops and updates hospice and palliative care programs promotional materials, brochures and educational information in collaboration with central marketing department.
7. Maintain and update community based data contact information.
8. Develop and maintain professional relations with area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and senior centers.
9. Coordinate and participate in appropriate Health Fairs.
10. Assist with MD education on End Of Life issues.
11. Provide consultations on hospice and palliative care information.
12. Provide promotional support for special events, agency events and initiatives.
13. Ongoing familiarity with all aspects of hospice and palliative care programs.
14. Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or other healthcare related field or a Registered Nurse required.
Licensed Social Worker if Social work RN NC Licensure if Registered Nurse
Professional Experience Requirements:
Minimum of three (3) years' work experience. Prior experience in home health or hospice is preferred. Experience calling on physicians’ offices and nursing facilities is preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS Cont Care Intake
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Work Type Assignment: Onsite
Salary Range: $18.07-$22.59 (minimum-midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.