Licensed Practical Nurse - Home Health
Have you considered a Nursing career with UNC Health? UNC Home Health has an exciting opportunity as a Licensed Practical nurse, Home Health/Hospice .
Why UNC Health?
UNC Health is a not-for-profit integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina. With nearly 40,000 diverse employees across the state, our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve -- from the mountains to the coast! Headquartered in Chapel Hill and affiliated with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, UNC Health currently comprises of 14 hospitals, 20 hospital campuses, and more than 900 clinics statewide. UNC Health is committed to supporting teammates from recruitment to retirement. Our UNC Health for Me framework includes ways that we welcome, engage, develop, care for, include, and value our teammates. Employment at UNC Health is so much more than just a job - we're focused on your health, your wealth, and your career.
UNC Health Perks Include: • Annual pay increases • Organizational Incentive plan • Paid Parental Leave • Well-being Programs • Employee Assistance Program • PTO Donation •Teammate Discount Program • Pet Insurance.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position administers skilled nursing care to patients in their place of residence, as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with the established plan of care. Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and coordinates care with the interdisciplinary team as well as the patient/family. Delivers care in compliance with State, Federal and Medicare standards and the UNC Health Care System policies and procedures.
1. Administers prescribed medications, therapies and treatments in accordance with practical nursing standards as allowed in the NC State Board of Nursing Regulations.
2. Assists with the discharge planning and carrying out the patient teaching plan under the direction of the RN.
3. Collaborates with the RN and healthcare team to advocate for the patient and supports the patient psychological, ethical, spiritual and cultural needs. Provides compassionate basic nursing care and maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
4. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
5. Implements components of the plan of care within the LPN scope of practice and competency to promote desired outcomes.
6. Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders. Documents all patient activities in accordance with documentation standards.
7. Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direct supervision of the RN. Collaborates with supervising RN on the execution of the patient?s plan of care. Assists physicians, RNs and health care team members with data collection, assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient and families? care to achieve desired outcomes.
8. Reviews diagnostic test results and reports abnormal results and changes in patient condition to the RN, physician and appropriate healthcare team members in a timely manner.
● Graduation from an accredited program of Practical Nurse education.
● Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Good verbal and written communications skills and computer skills. Must be proficient in English. Possess the ability to transfer, maneuver and lift incapacitated clients in the home setting. Must have current driver's license and vehicle insurance in state of employment, and the ability to travel within a 50 mile radius on a daily basis.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Orange Home Health Skilled Nur
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.