Patient Planning Specialist (LPN) - UNCHCS Homecare Infusion
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
1. Will triage patients to the appropriate post acute services provider. Will be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements which will impact eligibility for Post Acute Services. Under the guidance of an RN, coordinates and communicates clinical services ordered by the physician. Communicates changes in discharge planning to the appropriate agency.
2. Enters accurate and complete referral information into the EMR to expedite referral process.
3. Under the guidance of an RN, processes supplemental orders and patient reports for existing clients.
4. Uses effective communication skills to facilitate effective team operations including taking phone messages and triaging and relaying verbal and written information.
5. Refers patient concerns to appropriate discipline or to community liaison coordinator
6. Under the direction of the RN Senior Patient Planning Specialist or Team Leader assists with coordination of home visit schedules and assignment of admissions for team members.
7. Verifies, secures, and monitors authorization for payment information regarding patients who have been referred for services.
● Graduate of a licensed school of practical nursing.
● BCLS , LPN NC LIC , NCDL
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience accepted. Working understanding of managed care and prospective payment systems and their impact on the delivery of home health is required. Excellent Customer Service skills is also a requirement.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, physicians, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. COMPUTER SKILLS- Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNCHCS Homecare Infusion Nsg
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.