HCS Financial Analyst II - Financial Planning
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, develops, and coordinates the preparation of system operating/cash flow targets, financial statements, business/capital planning, cost reviews and other ad-hoc financial analyses. Performs lead role in coordinating complex corporate financial projects and specialized assignments in area of expertise.
1. Assists in the development, implementation and management of system-level financial planning and long-range operating target forecasts, including the financial modeling of large-scale capital and business projects. Designs and implements business plan templates for local entity finance which combines hospital and physician financials.
2. Contributes to cash-flow/debt modeling and forecasts for the system and assists in developing materials for UNC Health board and bond agency report-outs. Works with operations/finance stakeholders across the system to integrate entity-level forecasts/headwinds into integrated financial model.
3. Develops supporting financial analysis for senior management and external agencies (example: a comprehensive evaluation of existing service line performance with recommendations of investment vs. divestment strategies).
4. Provide technical support to assigned entity regarding business and capital planning. Monitors financial and budgetary trends across entities within the UNC Healthcare System.
5. Develops system-wide resources/dashboards for benchmarking against UNC entity and national benchmarks (ex: inpatient LOS comparisons by DRG, cost/margin comparisons among key surgical cases/procedures across varying sites of care, etc…).
6. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned entities. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or related field or relevant combination of education and experience.
- With a Master’s degree, no previous experience required.
- With a Bachelor’s degree, requires four (4) years of experience in financial planning or analysis.
- Strong MS Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Strong MS PowerPoint and presentation skills.
- Preferred experience with financial/data reporting systems (ex: Strata, Business Objects, Tableau).
- Preferred experience with general ledger/cost reporting structure.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.