Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides translation-interpreter services for Spanish-speaking patients and their families, as needed throughout the UNC Healthcare System.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS AN ADVANCED MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY ASSIGNMENT
1. Maintains records related to translation requests and documents the nature of requests in patients? medical records
2. Provides accurate face to face medical interpretation between Spanish speaking patients and staff in a variety of settings within UNC HealthCare.
3. Serves as an advocate for Spanish speaking patients and their families assisting in the coordination of health needs. Assists care providers in understanding the Hispanic culture.
4. Translates and maintains UNC HealthCare printed material into Spanish. Actively searches for existing Spanish language materials pertaining to health care and hospitalization.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in a health care or human services setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrates a fluency in the Spanish and English languages. Possess extensive knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Interpreter Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary per hour: $18.07 - $22.59 (minimum - midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.