Cardiac Ultrasound Tech - NC Heart & Vascular
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Join the NC Heart & Vascular team as a Cardiac Ultrasound Tech!
Rex Heart and Vascular is looking for a Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist to perform echocardiograms and stress testing. This is a Per Diem position and floats to various clinics, as needed. Clinic hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Clinics are closed on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Performs echocardiograms with and without ultrasound enhancing agents, bubbles studies, and stress testing. Credentialed medical professional with academic and clinical experience to use imaging technology to help physicians diagnose heart problems in patients. Operates ultrasound equipment that provides moving 2-D or 3-D images of the heart and its chambers.
1. Performs echocardiograms of consistent diagnostic quality. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and related structures using 2D, M-Mode, Doppler, and Strain.
2. Competence in the administration of ultrasound enhancing agents.
3. Demonstrates ability in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to: patient assessment; pre- and post-procedure care; and, emergency cardiac care.
4. Completes structure reports for all exams within a timely manner.
5. Provides consultation with health care providers regarding echocardiograms.
6. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports for video archiving using the digital storage system. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
● High School Diploma or GED
● Associate degree in Sonography, Radiology, or a related field within 3 months of hire, or completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Basic Life Support (BLS)
● Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International within one year of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to effectively operate sonographic equipment.
● Ability to evaluate echocardiogram in order to acquire appropriate diagnostic information.
● Ability to shift workload to meet patient needs.
● Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum echocardiogram information in each examination performed.
● Ability to follow established departmental procedures.
● Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
● Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of echocardiography interpretation, echocardiography skills, and considerable echocardiography abilities.
● Communication skills and sensitivity to patient needs.
● Ability to interpret information to identify each patient’s requirements for care relative to his/her age specific needs
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV Wakefield
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $27.89 - $34.86 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.