Dietetic Assistant- Trayline (Per Diem)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position works to ensure that patients receive accurate, efficient and satisfactory delivery of adequate nutrition. Will be a direct liaison to appropriate department areas in regards to patient satisfaction. This position also assists higher-level personnel in preparing and maintaining a clean work area Work is reviewed for adherence to sanitary standards and completion of assignments.
1. Assists with food preparation in any of the following areas bake shop, salad unit, vegetable prep, cook's unit, bulk and between meal nourishments. Assists with tray preparation during meal service hours.
2. Carries items from storeroom to kitchen and transfers food to appropriate areas.
3. Communicates with patients regarding their diets as requested by a Dietetic Technician or Clinical Dietitian. Takes patients? food preferences or records calorie count information.
4. Delivers and picks up menus for patients receiving modified and regular diets. Assists patients in completing their individual menus.
5. Delivers food trays and nourishments to patients. Records snack information in computerized system. Assists with early and late food tray deliveries in a timely manner. Assists with dirty food tray removal from nursing units.
6. Enters menu, snack, room and related information into computerized system updates production tallies. Prints meal tickets.
7. Maintains compliance with JCAHO, State Health Department, and OSHA regarding on-going required job training and health standards. Uses proper protocol to prevent contamination.
8. Performs quality assurance activities such as monitoring Satisfaction Surveys.
Per Diem Schedule: will require every other weekend, 12:30pm-9:00pm and 1 weekday per pay period, 12:30pm-9:00pm.
Hours: 8-16 per week
● High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
● If Bachelor's degree, no experience is required.
● If Associate's degree, six (6) months of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Patient Services
Work Type: PT No Ben
Standard Hours Per Week: 12.00
Salary Range: $15.00 - $18.62 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.