Administrative Associate - Customer Service Call Center
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
May perform duties of an administrative representative but with greater autonomy and discretion. Work involves a greater knowledge of office/clinic procedures and practice, independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
1. Handles a large volume of incoming mail daily, including US Mail, inter-office mail, faxes, and overnight delivery carriers. Opening and sorting documents based upon content.
2. Researches missing information utilizing programs accessible in order for documentation to move to next step in process.
3. May train others using verbal and written communication
4. Required to identify and handle sensitive information timely.
5. Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing records, and posting information to records or ledgers in accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system. Resolves discrepancies by contacting appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and correcting any errors.
6. Utilizes document management system to scan and/or index incoming documents to the correct work queues to allow appropriate and timely follow-up on all inquiries.
8. Represents UNCHCS with internal and/or external entities in regards to inventory to accomplish organizational goals.
9. Review returned mail work queues to update address information or document billing system in relation to incorrect addresses.
10. Enter patient payment information directly into billing system.
11. Enter and reconcile credit cards daily.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of experience is required
● If Associate's degree, no years of experience is required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Customer Service Call Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $15.64 - $19.55 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.