Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Spreedly is the world's leading Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
We now serve 600 customers globally. Many of these direct customers are platforms and marketplaces that have thousands of their merchants leveraging our payments platform. Our customers include industry leaders in digital goods, order ahead and delivery, online marketplaces, donation/giving platforms, event ticketing, and financial services.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
The Analytics Engineer will sit at the crossroads of Spreedly's business teams, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence and be responsible for bringing robust, efficient, and integrated data models to life. A successful candidate for this role can speak the language of business teams and technical teams, and is able to translate data insights and analysis needs into models powered by Spreedly’s data pipeline and platform.
This role will blend business acumen with technical expertise and transition between business strategy and data development, working alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and in streamlining our internal capacity to simplify a complex environment with billions of data points.
- Collaborate with team members to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models
- Work with Data Engineering and Business Intelligence to build trusted data models, visualizations, and recommendations that get the highest level of confidence from the business
- Design, develop, and extend DBT in a repeatable, scalable way to progress Spreedly’s overall data maturity
- Create and maintain architecture, systems, design, process and execution documentation
- Work in partnership with the Data team to build and maintain the data dictionary and establish a strong self-service and single source of truth analytics framework to empower business users across Spreedly
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for structure, style, maintainability, and quality best practices
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Work with Data Engineering to create and facilitate the code review, approval, and deployment process and serve as a peer reviewer for specific database and data model schema changes
- Provide data modeling expertise to all GitLab teams through code reviews, pairing, and training to help deliver optimal, DRY, and scalable database designs and queries in Snowflake
- Exercise all phases of business analysis, including data quality, data analysis, data visualization, and presentation of results and deliverables
- Partner with Data team members and key stakeholders on KPI development, data collection and building dashboards
- Assist in the development of our SQL Modeling layer written in LookML & DBT ensuring it is performant with big data, organized, and well-implemented
- Utilize data warehousing and code development best practices to enable access to information by creating and maintaining foundational data models
- Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices
- Encourage internal adoption and self-sufficiency of stakeholders on the Looker platform, including documentation, training users and dashboard organization
- Collaborate with data engineering to mint new dimensions and measures for stakeholder use
- Keep data sources fresh even while requirements and definitions change
- Address data quality issues and build in alerting
- Utilize code (Python/R/SQL) for data analysis
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative or technical field; master's degree in Quantitative or technical field preferred
- 5+ years in the data space as an analyst, engineer, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience designing, implementing, operating, and extending commercial Kimball enterprise dimensional models
- 5+ years working with a large-scale (1B+ Rows) data warehouse, preferably in a cloud environment
- 2+ years experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool
- 1+ years creating project plans to identify tasks, milestones, and deliverables
- Experience with Looker, Snowflake, and DBT
- Experience with Fivetran (or similar tools)
- Strong background in data relationships, modeling, and semantic layer
- SQL expert with experience dealing with techniques (windows functions, common table expressions, UDFs, etc.) for data investigation, transformation, analysis, and optimizing for scalability and ease of maintenance
- Familiarity in programming/scripting and knowledge of Python is a plus
- Have solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, working with cross-functional stakeholders, and navigating ambiguity to deliver results
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis; code reviews, version control, and solid documentation
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new MacBook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ in Durham, NC for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does - handling payment data - finalist candidates must complete a successful background and reference check.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.
See more open positions at Spreedly
Something looks off?