Director, Strategic Partnerships
Relay, a Raleigh-based tech startup, is poised to revolutionize communication by empowering frontline workers. Our mission is both meaningful and ambitious. We recognize that frontline workers are the backbone of our economy, and we are committed to creating a device and cloud platform that enhances their efficiency, safety, and overall experience. Our innovative cloud solution leverages real-time communication, location data, and powerful insights, setting the new standard for frontline work. At Relay, we've pioneered an entirely new product category, comprising a robust, internet-enabled smart device and accompanying software suite. This breakthrough technology is already disrupting the B2B handheld radio industry and elevating the capabilities of frontline workers in various sectors. With proven product-market fit and a user-centric design that addresses genuine customer pain points, we are expanding our enterprise sales team to support and drive our remarkable growth.
We're hiring for a newly created position, Director, Strategic Partnerships
Here at Relay, we’re on a mission that matters. Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the platform that helps them work better, faster and safer than ever before. We are adding a Director, Strategic Partnerships to our BD team to help accelerate this mission.
This role is a tremendous opportunity to influence the growth trajectory of a scaling startup alongside a veteran team. This person will be a leading contributor on a small but mighty Business Development team responsible for guiding Relay’s expansion into strategic new segments as well as gaining a foothold and growing our company’s most important customer relationships. Success in this role is defined by your ability to enable scaled revenue generation. Face time with customers is crucial for success in this role, so up to 40% domestic travel is required.
- Drive scaled revenue growth with strategic prospects & customers through proactive outreach to new and existing Fortune 500 customers.
- Identify and refine criteria for targeted account partnerships that represent multi-million dollar, multi-year revenue opportunities
- Structure & close proof of concepts with clients, and partner with internal Product and Customer Success teams on the implementation to drive success and learnings that influence the trajectory of the business opportunity.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive business plans to address account priorities aligned with business issues.
- Provide accurate forecasting, reporting and insights for strategic business opportunities.
- Build customer specific proposals and negotiate and close contractual arrangements.
- Create & articulate specific value propositions around Relay products for strategic partners.
- Identify, develop and maintain long-term executive level relationships with top prospects and key accounts.
- Provide initial product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers.
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions.
- Understand company's competition and effectively position solutions against them.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5-10+ years in a revenue-generating or growth-oriented role
- Experience navigating complex external organizations to drive business opportunities
- Highly relational approach to customer relationships
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Strong desire to succeed and the ability to self-motivate
- Curiosity and a constant desire to learn
- Willingness to travel up to 40% domestically
- Entrepreneurial interest and passion for the startup space
About us: company, culture & perks:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life). It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits for you and those who depend on youGenerous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym/fitness memberships, workout equipment and more.