Here at Relay, we’re on a mission that matters. Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the platform that helps them work better, faster and safer than ever before. We are adding a Product Manager to our team to help accelerate this mission.
Product Management at Relay sits at the center of the organization and has the responsibility of connecting the dots between customer needs, market opportunities, and technical innovation to help set the strategy and direction for the product and the entire company.
This role is a tremendous opportunity to contribute in a crucial role within a scaling startup alongside a veteran team with decades of software and startup experience. Relay has massive market potential in many industries, however we must focus deeply on individual segments in order to gain traction and truly become a market leader. This role will primarily focus on supporting our go-to-market and product commercialization efforts by arming our Sales and Marketing teams with insight into which segments to focus on and how Relay can win those segments.
Success in this role will require the ability to deeply understand potential market segments, our competitors that play in those segments, and how Relay’s value proposition and capabilities can be focused to become the market leader in these target segments.
Face time with customers is crucial for success in this role, so up to 20% travel is required.
- Spend significant time with customers in emerging segments and learn to identify new segments for go-to-market expansion
- Rigorously analyze potential new segments and develop an understanding of the addressable market size for Relay
- Identify key personas in new customer segments and deeply understand their priorities and motivations
- Perform analysis of existing/alternate solutions and identify how Relay can gain a competitive advantage vs these solutions
- Develop a deep point of view on the use cases and value propositions that most resonate within new segments
- Deeply understand buying catalysts and the conditions that are usually present when a customer begins to look for a new solution like Relay
- Create business cases and customer case studies that illustrate the impact of Relay within a customer segment
- Arm Sales, Marketing, and Operations, with written strategy documents that arm them to effectively acquire and care for customers in a new segment
- Meet regularly with Operations, Sales and Solutions Engineering teams to gather customer feedback and insights into new segments for GTM focus
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's in Business, Economics, Entrepreneurship or other related field
- Work Experience: 2+ years in a related financial, product or software field
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Strong desire to succeed and the ability to self-motivate
- Curiosity and a constant desire to learn (evidenced by being a being moderate to high volume reader or consumer of podcasts in fields related to business and technology)
- Eagerness to actively engage with customer and co-workers
- Willingness to travel
- Entrepreneurial interest and passion for the startup space
About us: company, culture & perks:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life).
It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits for you and those who depend on youGenerous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym/fitness memberships, workout equipment and more.