Technical Support Specialist I
Here at Relay, we’re on a mission that matters. Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the platform that makes them better, faster and safer than ever before and we’re hiring for a Technical Support Specialist I.
This customer-facing role provides several opportunities that are both exciting and challenging as you navigate the waters of balancing a personalized customer connection and resolving any questions or issues with leaving a lasting impression of our brand. In the Technical Support Specialist I role, you will work directly to support and advocate for our enterprise customers. At Relay, we are obsessed with our customers and strive to deliver hardware and software product solutions to help businesses thrive. The Technical Support Specialist I role requires you to be customer centric and relish the opportunity to drive impactful changes for customer experience and support through our organization. To succeed in this role you must have a genuine hunger to learn and become a product expert. You will apply your technical knowledge to resolve any customer facing concerns, all the while leaving a positive lasting impression.
The Technical Support Specialist I position isn’t simply working tickets, making calls, and answering chats, it’s about seeing every customer interaction as an opportunity to solve their problems, better understand their needs for our product and service, and establish lasting relationships with Relay. Most importantly, you will serve as the voice of the customer (VOC) throughout a variety of departments within the organization. Come join a team that plays a key role in maintaining and growing our customer base. This position is full-time Monday - Friday, with a light once per month on-call weekend rotation.
This position is daily 11am-8pm, M-F, with a light on-call weekend rotation (light hours, once every 4 weeks). The position will be onsite in our North Hills, Raleigh, North Carolina headquarters with an opportunity for a hybrid schedule after a ramp up period fully onsite.
Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the cloud platform that makes them better, faster and safer than ever before. Our cloud solution offers a data driven approach to frontline work through real time communications, real time location information and powerful real time data and insights. Here at Relay, we've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category – a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it – and we’re disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and frontline workers across multiple industries and verticals.
We've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities and are expanding our operations team to support this growth.
What you'll do:
- Provide support on Relay enterprise products through multiple channels i.e. phone, email, chat, video, etc. We utilize Zoho Desk, Zoho CRM, and GoTo Connect
- Troubleshoot Relay Enterprise issues by providing excellent verbal and written customer communications while clearly summarizing, notating, and researching within the customer relationship management (CRM) and ticketing systems
- Expand your technical knowledge of Relay to problem solve and isolate varying degrees of challenging issues
- Cooperatively interact and engage with internal teams (Supply Chain, Billing, Product, Engineering, etc.) to resolve customer needs
- Maintain company and departmental standards measured by our metric review process
- Willingness to work a standard weekend support rotation and participate in occasional travel to domestic customer site visits
The qualifications you'll have:
- Associate’s degree or higher educational achievement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with technology and a curiosity to dig in and problem solve
- Positive attitude, career oriented, self-motivated, willingness to work in an ever changing environment
- Ability to receive feedback, apply coaching and key learnings to improve job performance
- 1-2 years experience in customer service and/or technical support within a transferable industry
- Knowledge of wireless networking technologies
Perks and Benefits:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life).
It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym memberships, workout equipment and more.
- The latest tech, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role.
We’d love to hear from you - wondering what it’s like to be Part of the Team or ready to apply? Visit us at https://relaygo.com/careers to learn more!
For this role, Relay will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance for this position.