Product Marketing Manager
Relay, a Raleigh-based tech startup, is looking to change the way we communicate. We’re on a mission that matters. Frontline workers are the lifeblood of our economy and we're building the cloud platform that makes them better, faster and safer than ever before. Our cloud solution offers a data driven approach to frontline work through real time communications, real time location information and powerful real time data and insights.
Here at Relay, we've designed, built, and launched an entirely new product category – a simple, rugged, internet-enabled smart-device and all the software that runs it – and we’re disrupting the handheld radio industry for B2B clients and frontline workers across multiple industries and verticals.
We've achieved proven product-market fit with a user experience that solves real-world customer pain and unlocks new capabilities and are expanding our operations team to support this growth.
We are currently seeking a Product Marketing Manager who will thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
Product Marketing Managers lead the go-to-market strategy and branding for our products. They work closely with product managers to link the unique features of the product to a game plan for our marketing team to execute.
Product Marketing Managers define product messaging & positioning by distilling all the features and benefits of a product to a simple and elegant expression that resonates with customers. Product Marketing Managers define outbound marketing through the introduction of new campaigns and methods of outreach that drive customer excitement. Leads the creation of marketing content that supports campaigns and product launches.
In this role, you will be responsible for the marketing approach for our innovative products. As the Product Marketing Manager, you will be the champion of these products, executer successful product launches, and drive strategy to make these products stand out for potential customers. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a creative and entrepreneurial mindset combined with the ability to deeply understand our customers, their challenges, and what they care about.
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication -- to craft a holistic go-to-market strategy
- Execute the strategy - Roll up your sleeves and drive the strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement, and product adoption.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user.
- Lead content creation in support of customer-facing marketing and sales initiatives - including sales presentations, Relay website, prospect education
- Track, analyze, and report on key performance metrics and marketing initiatives' effectiveness to optimize strategies and drive continuous improvement.
Required skills and attributes:
- Proven experience and impact in a product marketing role, preferably in a SaaS or technology company.
- Marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign execution).
- Must have a growth mindset that encompasses curiosity, a passion for excellence, and the ability to ask the right questions.
- Excellence in presentation, spoken, and written skills.
- Ability to lead a creative process that aligns with business objectives
- Passion for working with technology products and solving B2B customer needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with product management, sales, and marketing teams.
- Self-starter with exceptional project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Passion for technology and innovation, with a deep understanding of SaaS business models and market dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
About us: company, culture & perks:
We have a culture where we empower our Relayers to do the best work in their lives. We call this idea BWIML (best work in my life).
It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits for you and those who depend on you
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Cash Reward + Paid Parental Leave
- Annual credit towards items that promote productivity and/or wellness. This includes smartphones, fitness trackers, gym/fitness memberships, workout equipment and more.
- Free Snacks and Fun Times
- Latest tech, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role