Relay is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Raleigh, NC with a mission to revolutionize the way frontline workers communicate. Our cloud platform offers real-time communications, location tracking, and data analytics that empower frontline workers across various industries to work smarter, faster, and safer. We've disrupted the handheld radio industry with our rugged, internet-enabled smart devices and software, and we're on track to become the market leader in our category.
We're looking for a Financial Analyst to join our dynamic and scrappy finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for a Triangle based recent graduate or early career finance professional (1-2 years of experience) with a passion for finance and data analysis.
In this role, you'll play a critical part in shaping the future of our company by using your data-crunching skills to gather, analyze, and interpret data from various departments. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to support and analyze new and ongoing business initiatives, refine financial reporting processes, create and maintain company-wide forecasts, and participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close activities. You'll also have the opportunities to engage on various special projects like fundraising and product development.
As a Financial Analyst at Relay, you'll be exposed to all facets of our business, and you'll quickly become an integral part of our team.
This role will be based in our North Hills, Raleigh, North Carolina HQ and we work in a hybrid model with 3 days in the office, 2 days remote.This position is based in our North Hills office in Raleigh, NC, and we operate in a flexible hybrid model with 3 days in-office and 2 remote weekly.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Develop and track KPIs using advanced BI tools
- Conduct deep-dive analyses of key business drivers, such as margins, churn, and expansion.
- Refine financial reporting processes for internal stakeholders, utilizing automation to streamline manual tasks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support and analyze all new and ongoing business initiatives
- Work with the Finance and Accounting teams to create and maintain company-wide forecasts
- Participate and contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual financial statement close activities.
- Present findings and insights to the Relay leadership team and other stakeholders
- Drive process and forecasting improvements to keep our business on the cutting edge
- Support various special projects, such as fundraising, acquisitions, and product changes
Experience, qualifications and skills (what’s you’ll have):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- New and recent graduates (1-2 years of experience) with a passion for finance and data analysis strongly considered
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Self-driven work ethic
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Suite, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, R, or other statistical programming languages preferred
- Ability to handle ambiguous or challenging situations and drive to mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to thrive and react to changing business needs within a startup environment
- Hunger and humility with a balance of confidence and relentless curiousity
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize competing demands
- Team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humor
About us: company, culture & perks:
First and foremost our culture hinges on growth, impact, and connection where Relayers can do the best work in their lives.It's truly amazing what happy, engaged team members can achieve. Our ever evolving list of benefits means you'll be able to achieve work/life balance, stay healthy, perform impactful work, grow in your role, look after yourself/your family, and invest in your future.
At Relay, we offer...
- 100% Paid Insurance Health, Dental, Vision, Long/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Savings Plan + Company Match
- Baby Birth Cost Assistance + Paid Parental Leave
- Phone, Fitness Tracker or Home Gym Equipment - annual credit towards a fitness tracker or other workout equipment
- Good people and good times
- Latest PCs, standing desks, and all the accessories and software you need to succeed in your role
Something looks off?