Compensation: Paid internship, can be used for credit if the partnering university allows. Students will receive free coworking membership during their internship and 3 months of free coworking membership following, and will have access to a large network of start-ups and entrepreneurial companies.
Hours: 10-20 hours per week. Hours will vary depending on schedule, credit needs, and need for space coverage Location: Raleigh Founded Locations Start Date: August 2023
Overview: This job role at Raleigh Founded is designed for students or recent grads who are interested in business, entrepreneurship, event management, HR, operations, project management, design, sales, or other relevant topics, and who are interested in immersing themselves in a community of entrepreneurs and getting hands-on experience with space operations. Community Coordinators will focus primarily on day-to-day space operations, customer service, community management, administrative tasks, and assisting with sales and leasing but will be introduced into the community to build their professional networks. Staff will also work closely with them to identify professional goals and develop programming and connections that are specific to their areas of interest.
- Task Management
- Operations/Inventory Management
- Professional writing and correspondence
- Event Planning (if applicable)
- Software Education - Google Docs, Canva, Mailchimp, Coworks, Asana, Slack
- Increased knowledge about business and entrepreneurship, fundraising, etc.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Administrative & Operations
- Greet members and assist them with issues or questions
- Greet the public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer the phone, take messages, and check emails
- Open and close the space/ keep the space tidy and clean
- Oversee package delivers and organize mail for members
- Carry out daily checklist
- Monitor cleanliness of all aspects of the facilities
- Community Building
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and community members
- Assist the team with hosting rotating happy hours and events
- Based on the intern’s interest areas other tasks may be assigned such as: social media maintenance, B-Corp Policy implementation, graphic design, etc.
- Attending team meetings
- Keen eye for detail and processes
- Past experience in restaurant or other hospitality background
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Willing to “roll up your sleeves” and clean or help out your fellow coworkers and interns
- Customer service experience
- Interest/studies in entrepreneurship and/or entrepreneurial community or another relevant areas