Software Engineer II
Software Engineer II
Software Engineering at Policygenius
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free and experiment-oriented. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers such as yourself.
Base salary for a successful applicant in this role is expected to be $95,000-$135,000 per year. Employees at Policygenius can also expect generous benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as location, experience, and expertise.
In this role, you will…
- Iteratively build features (and squash bugs) for the internal fulfillment team, which works across verticals and channels to maximize the value that Policygenius provides to every household
- Learn new frameworks and tools to build and support features across multiple platforms and tech stacks
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team to identify, prioritize, and take opportunities to help customers get the financial protection they need, and feel good about it
- Architect and maintain scalable, extensible code to empower our entire engineering organization to ship products across platforms
- Build cross-platform products and features using React, Golang, and Ruby on Rails, with gRPC and GraphQL thrown in for good measure
- Mentor (and be mentored by) other engineers; share your experience and knowledge to level up your teammates, and develop news skills of your own
We’d love to hear from you if...
- A track record of, and desire to keep, learning and applying new technologies and tools across the stack
- Experience mentoring and delivering feedback to other engineers
- A strong sense of product and user experience, and an ability to empathize with diverse user personas
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & HSA options
- Generous PTO
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers and a welcoming, inclusive culture
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!