Pendo is looking for a Revenue Accountant who will support day-to-day revenue operations, partnering closely with Sales, legal, Revenue Operations, and Accounts Receivable to meet the revenue, cash, and ARR targets. The ideal candidate will possess experience with a SaaS revenue model in industry, public accounting, or a mix of both. The position reports directly to the Senior Revenue Manager on a geographically distributed team.
- Work closely with Revenue Operations to ensure deals have been properly processed in Salesforce, integrated accurately to Intacct, and create and distribute customer invoices
- Review contracts for revenue recognition considerations in compliance with ASC 606
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables in revenue and related areas, including creation and delivery of customer invoices, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analyses, and related reporting and disclosures
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (Deal Desk, Corporate Accounting, Sales Ops, etc.) to drive better process and workflow decisions
- Support system implementation/enhancement projects and participate in UATs to drive projects to successful completion
- Assist in preparation of support for quarterly and annual audit requests
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in industry (preferably within a SaaS company) or in public accounting
- Foundational understanding of ASC 606
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent customer-facing and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, managing workload effectively, and staying focused under pressure
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday, Intacct, Avalara, and Alteryx
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation(s) for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected base salary range for this role in the following location is:
Raleigh, NC - USD $65,000 - $70,000
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.