Sr. Product Manager (UI Platform)
The UI Platform team’s mission is to accelerate Pendo’s Engineering teams and improve the user experience, performance and consistency of our applications. The team works on the frontend of Pendo’s platform, particularly the component library shared components and FE architecture that are used across all customer facing pages within our applications.
As the Sr. Product Manager you will be responsible as the technical, product-minded leader for UI Platform building customer-facing capabilities that affect all of Pendo. You’ll create and maintain a vision for the product area, and communicate and evangelize that vision within Pendo. Finally, you’ll be a strong cross team partner to Sales, Support, Customer Success, Marketing, and Partnerships as the subject-matter expert for your area.
*This role will sit in our Raleigh office and onsite attendance will be required every Tuesday and Wednesday.
Lead the product and team in the right direction:
- Build an effective roadmap to prioritize important platform capabilities, improvements and deprecations properly
- Balance platform deliverables and cross-department needs to ensure a high velocity and stable product
- Make data-driven decisions and consider business impact, ROI, and other implications
- Deeply understand the frontend architecture, component library, design system and how our internal teams interact with them.
- Become a subject matter expert and product leader in accessibility, internationalization and localization.
Manage the entire product lifecycle:
- Follow platform development end-to-end; provide guidance and feedback to engineer and design partners and ensure everyone is aligned
- Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert for your product area
- Collaborate with other product managers, designers, UX researchers, engineers, QE, and product operations in cross-area features to build for all of Pendo
- Engage with and align stakeholders, managing questions and uncertainty in an efficient way
- Define clear outcomes that measure customer satisfaction and business impact
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management within Platforms, ideally in SaaS
- Knowledge of the component libraries, design systems and modern frontend technologies.
- Strong technical understanding, including how software is built, packaged, deployed, and operated
- Experience in Agile methodology including sprint planning and execution
- Passion for design and usability
- Experience with accessibility, internationalization/localization and internal platform teams.
- Experience using Pendo
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had - a simple way to understand and feed what truly drives product success.
Our mission is to elevate the world’s experiences with software. We’re a global business with over 2,000 customers including Fortune 500 enterprises to B2B tech startups, educational institutions to healthcare systems, and everyone in between. We’re currently over 900 Pendozers strong across seven offices worldwide.
We’re growing quickly and looking for people who are eager, curious, and ready to build software that customers love to use. Every employee at Pendo contributes to the culture and success of our business, and our core values help guide everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected base salary range for this role in the following location is:
Raleigh, NC - USD $140,000 - $165,000
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Something looks off?