Performance Marketing Strategist (Contract)
Job Type: Contract (25-30 hours per week), 4-6 month duration
Location: Hybrid - Raleigh-Durham, NC or Atlanta, GA
Hourly rate: $90-$120
Nugget, a direct-to-consumer kids furniture brand, is looking for an experienced Performance Marketing Strategist to support our team over the next 6 months in developing innovative product marketing concepts that drive awareness, acquire new customers, and increase product sales across our digital platforms. This role will work closely with our eCommerce team to bring fresh ideas and perspective to fine-tune our performance marketing strategy. Additionally, this role will manage the communication between our in-house Marketing and Creative Services teams and our performance marketing agency, acting as a liaison to maximize our performance marketing initiatives. If you have experience supporting Performance Marketing teams from both a strategic and tactical level and are looking to help a fun, high-growth company take their performance marketing strategy to the next level - we’d love for you to apply!
What is Nugget? We are an industry-leading, fun-loving furniture company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of ~100 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham). And we’re just getting started — in both 2020 and 2021, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You will strategically analyze and optimize marketing expenditure across various channels, while fine-tune existing strategies and processes to elevate marketing performance and improve revenue growth
- You will provide unique insights and recommendations – guiding our digital media agency to optimize campaign performance and acquire / retain consumers across paid social, paid search and organic search
- You will take the lead in managing the relationship with our digital media agency and serving as the main point of contact, including attending weekly meetings to discuss progress, align strategies, and drive results.
- You will conduct testing of new media channels to assess their viability and potential for scalable implementation, considering factors such as target audience reach, engagement potential, and cost-effectiveness.
- You will develop and optimize channel strategies for Paid Social advertising, with a specific focus on Meta (Facebook/Instagram) and TikTok platforms.
- You will evaluate test results and channel learnings from agency-provided reports – analyzing the data and insights to derive actionable next steps and provide clear and concise recommendations to internal stakeholders, including cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- You will provide support to the Email Marketing Manager in designing and implementing A/B testing experiments, including providing insights and recommendations to optimize marketing strategies based on data-driven findings.
- You will collaborate closely with Email Marketing Manager to evaluate the effectiveness of current email marketing strategies and leverage your knowledge of best practices to develop innovative approaches that drive improved performance and maximize the impact of email campaigns.
- You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand business goals, target audience, and channel requirements, in order to develop effective creative strategies to optimize and grow paid digital channels
- You will be the industry expert for acquisition & retention channels, identifying trends and competitive insights to help drive meaningful strategy, projects, and optimizations
- You have 8-10 years of experience in Performance Marketing or related field
- You have hands on experience with paid social, including managing and executing campaigns within Meta Business Manager and TikTok
- Bonus: You have experience running successful campaigns within YouTube and Pinterest
- You have experience managing Google Adwords, Google Merchant Center, and a product feed.
- You have in-depth expertise in utilizing marketing data tools and attribution models, including Google Analytics, to extract insights and deliver concise, clear reports on channel performance.
- Bonus: You have experience working with TripleWhale (our current attribution model software)
- You have experience managing reports and analysis to generate insights, calculating robust KPIs and understanding how metrics affect and drive each other (CAC, AOV, ROAS, LTV)
- You enjoy the balance of experimenting with a wide range of existing technologies while applying new and emerging options that can enhance organizational outcomes.
- You have a strong bottom-line orientation and can push yourself and others to achieve results
- You are effective in a variety of communication settings, among diverse styles and position levels and can adjust to fit the audience and the message
- You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations and acquire data from multiple and diverse sources in order to uncover root causes to difficult problems
- You keep up with practices and trends in the marketplace, using knowledge of business drivers and how strategies play out in the market to guide actions
- You approach work with a “no job is too small” attitude, and have a curious mind - always willing to learn and grow your imagination
*Our compensation philosophy:
Here at Nugget we don't negotiate compensation. This comes from research that shows negotiations often result in arbitrary differences in pay – not based on differences in ability, but based on who is better at negotiating. For that reason, we like to offer the amount upfront that we believe is fair for the job, rather than offer a lower amount that builds in the expectation for negotiating. To add a bit more context, our process is centered in industry data, which factors in our stage/size of company, job classification, experience and skill, to make sure that we have fair and transparent numbers for our regional market.
Nugget is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.