Nutrition Clinic & Community Outreach Director
North Carolina Central University
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Due to the volume of applications received for vacancies at NCCU, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the telephone. It is not necessary to contact us to check the status of your application. Please log into your account in PeopleAdmin to find the status of your application. Upon the closing date, applications are “Under Review” and will be screened by Employment Office for the most qualified applicants. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
Questions about Faculty postings should be directed to the ARMO Office.
SHRA postings require a completed application, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
|Working Title||Nutrition Clinic & Community Outreach Director|
|Appointment Type||Temporary - Full Time|
|FTE||1 = 40 hours/week, 12 months|
|If time limited, duration date|
|Primary Function of Organizational Unit|| |
The NCCU Nutrition Clinic and Community Outreach Project is a one-year project funded by AstraZeneca. The Nutrition and Health Clinic will be located on North Carolina Central University campus and will be open to Durham residents. The clinic will include interprofessional activities centered around the nutrition care of patients. The Nutrition Community Outreach will include activities in Durham community to support improved nutrition knowledge and health among Durham residents such as nutrition education sessions, cooking demonstrations, grocery tour, disease specific support groups and other activities.
|Primary Purpose of Position|| |
Supervise the on-campus Nutrition & Health Clinic and see patients in clinic for nutrition assessment & counseling. Recruit & assist in scheduling patients and organize and deliver community nutrition outreach activities such as monthly community nutrition education session, monthly disease specific support groups in Durham, NC. Develop educational materials to support clinic & outreach activities. Market the program and recruit participants. Supervise student volunteers and any additional activities to support nutrition clinic & community outreach.
· supervise the on-campus Nutrition & Health Clinic,
· see patients in clinic for nutrition assessment, evaluation & counseling, patient charting
· recruit & assist in scheduling patients,
· organize and deliver community nutrition outreach activities such as monthly community nutrition education session, monthly disease specific support groups in Durham , NC (requires local travel)
· develop educational materials to support clinic & outreach activities
· market program and recruit participants,
· monitoring of supplies and clinic needs
· managing administrator to support needs of clinic
· preceptor students or dietetic interns in clinic
· any additional activities to support nutrition clinic & community outreach
· additional pay is included in salary to cover travel expenses
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|| |
|Minimum Education/Experience|| |
|Licenses or Certification required by Statute or Regulation|| |
|Equal Opportunity Employer|| |
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
|Date desired for closing or initial review|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Date Position Available||08/14/2023|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
- Other Document
- DD-214 (for Veterans Only)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).