Motion Graphics Designer
Lucid Dream VR
Motion Graphics Designer
ABOUT LUCID DREAM
We’re Lucid Dream. We help commercial-stage life science companies transform the way they educate, train, and explain. We use tech & techniques from the video game industry to make static information come to life, and to help biotech companies explain their science in a more intuitive and memorable way.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our office at American Tobacco Campus is a short walk from world-class dining and entertainment venues, the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, and the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lucid Dream is seeking a full-time Motion Graphics Designer / Video Editor with strong interpersonal skills, superior work ethic, positive attitude, and a desire to grow professionally. As part of our creative team, you’ll create video content and assets for use across a variety of media applications. Our video projects incorporate complex, visually-compelling motion graphics to visually supplement patient and doctor interviews, scientific explainers, drone filming, 360 VR content, and more. You will work closely with our creative team and project managers to develop graphic-driven storytelling content to bring projects to life. The ideal candidate will be a great motion graphics designer, a good editor, and have a general interest in science.
- Develop visually engaging and dynamic motion graphic animations for video and other mediums like web and mobile
- Collaborate with creative teams to develop concepts and designs that align with project objectives and brand identity
- Create storyboards and design frames that outline animation sequences and overall visual direction.
- Animate graphics, text, and other elements using industry-standard software
- Ensure all graphics adhere to brand guidelines and project requirements
- Assist with video editing and archiving of footage
- Occasionally assist with on-set production
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- At least 4 years of Motion Design professional experience in a production environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Illustrator / Photoshop for graphics creation and editing
- Portfolio showcasing your ability to create professional level videos including motion graphics, animations, and storyboards
- Portfolio showcasing your ability to create professional level storyboards and concept illustrations, preferably using hand-drawn digital techniques
- Superb visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions
- Attention to detail and systems for organizing task and to-do lists based on feedback
- Mindset of continuous improvement and embracing new technology
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, especially on multiple projects at one time
- Experience working health-related fields a plus
- Experience with 3D content creation and animation a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Robust company culture committed to our core mission and values
- Amazing group of talented colleagues, and a management team dedicated to transparent leadership and helping everyone grow and thrive
- Competitive pay
- Responsible Paid Time-Off Policy
- Hybrid work environment (WFH Mon/Fri, in-office Tu/We/Thu)
- Parental Leave Policy (commensurate with tenure)
- Downtown Durham office
- Monthly team-building events
Lucid Dream is an Equal Opportunity Employer that gives all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees based on mutual respect. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the more magic we can make! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
No recruiters – principals only please!