Durham Bulls Special Events/Human Resources Intern
Durham Bulls Special Events/Human Resources Intern - Durham, NC Who We Are: https://capitolbroadcasting.com/divisions/sports/durham-bulls/
This internship is open to rising Juniors and Seniors at NCCU, Shaw University and St. Augustine’s University. Please note, students should apply to one internship only.
The crack of the bat. The cheers of the fans. The smell of popcorn. There is nothing like being at a baseball game. Have you ever said to yourself, "I want to be part of that?"
The Durham Bulls internship program gives you the opportunity to learn firsthand how the most iconic team in baseball continues to be leaders in both our community and sports. This is an opportunity to learn and take an active part in the business of baseball. You will work in a fast paced, fun environment throughout the baseball season.
Position supports the Special Events/Operations and Human Resources department; gaining experience in the various aspects of Special Events, Operations, and HR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with recruitment needs through liaison with agencies, vendors, etc.
- Assist with Special Events director with marketing, sales, planning, organizing, and execution of special events at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park (DBAP) and Durham Athletic Park (DAP).
- Coordinate prospective candidates and conduct interviews.
- Assist with the induction of new staff to their work environment.
- Assist with client presentations/tours of venues.
- Create and manage job postings and advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of Company/Staff events.
- Serve as a point of contact for the HR department via telephone calls, emails, and office visitors.
- Set up and tear down for Special and HR Events.
- Interview candidates via phone and onsite.
- Provide superior customer service to clients before, during, and after a special event.
- Work with various departments and divisions to ensure all client needs are addressed.
- Solicit feedback from clients and candidates.
- Coordinate the seasonal employee of the month awards and ceremony.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, and moving during events and baseball games.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at Capitol Broadcasting Company, the Durham Bulls parent company. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
EOE M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco-free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Partnership with Leadership Triangle:
As a part of this internship, you will complete 50 hours of leadership training with Leadership Triangle. Your hours with Leadership Triangle are a paid component of the program and all sessions are mandatory. As an Emerging Leader, you will be paired with a leadership coach who will support you in five 1:1 sessions. Additionally, you will take part in a cohort-only retreat in Rocky Mount, and regularly participate in interactive workshops and training. You will be introduced to leaders throughout the Triangle community and have opportunities to network and grow your professional community. All students who successfully complete the Emerging Leaders Program will be admitted into the lifelong Goodmon Fellowship.
Emerging Leaders will be paid $6400 over the course of a 400 hour Fall internship ($16/hr), running from August 21-December 15. Additionally, each intern will receive $160 as a transportation stipend. Leadership Triangle will administer all payments. This is a cohort based program, designed to promote networking across local HBCUs.
The application deadline is May 19. Interns will be notified of an application decision during the week of June 7th.
If selected, all Emerging Leaders will be expected to join the cohort for a leadership retreat held from Saturday, September 30 - Sunday, October 1 in Rocky Mount, NC. Leadership Triangle has arranged lodging. Meals will be provided. Emerging Leaders are expected to arrange their own transportation and arrive no later than 12pm on September 30th. If transportation is an issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.