Marketing Internship, WRAL Digital (Raleigh, NC)
Who We Are:
This internship is open to rising Juniors and Seniors at NCCU, Shaw University and St. Augustine’s University.
We are seeking an intern to help execute promotional campaigns that elevate our digital products and niche brands, including our annual “best of” ballot and high school football content. This internship will provide experience in public relations, project management, writing and digital marketing.
You’ll assist the Digital Marketing team with multiple campaigns from start to finish which can utilize a variety of tactics including eye-catching graphics, email, social media and events. This will include analysis of performance and making recommendations for optimizing campaigns. You will also help audit marketing assets and make recommendations to consolidate or archive underperforming or under-utilized assets.
You’ll gain exposure to working with multiple teams including News, Digital and Sales.
- Strong writing skills for creative copy and communication skills.
- Great attention to deal.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong analytical, time-management and decision-making capabilities.
- Creative-minded and willing to share your ideas.
- A passion for helping your community and curiosity about digital marketing.
- Self-motivated, organized and possess a willingness to roll up your sleeves to help wherever needed.
- Enthusiasm, a great attitude, can-do spirit and desire for constructive feedback.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Preferred but not required:
- Previous internship with an advertising, marketing, public relations agency or media organization.
- Familiarity with locally owned businesses and/or strong interest/knowledge of football.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Managing contests.
- Experience with using industry standard video editing and design tools (i.e. Adobe Premiere, Adobe Creative Suite) to produce marketing assets.
- Using social media to drive marketing results.
- Experience using a project management tool for tasks and collaboration.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at Capitol Broadcasting Company, WRAL’s parent company. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
EOE M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco-free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Partnership with Leadership Triangle:
Securing an internship can provide invaluable experience and professional contacts to college students hoping to enter the workforce. Unfortunately, while these internships may offer great practical experience, many companies do not invest in the holistic leadership development of their interns. Interns miss the opportunity for 1:1 career coaching and developing skills such as conflict resolution, engaging difficult conversations, and authentic networking.
This is why Leadership Triangle is partnering with Capitol Broadcasting Company (CBC) to provide free leadership development and career coaching support alongside a paid internship experience. All students who successfully complete their internships will be admitted into the lifelong Goodmon Fellowship.
Interns will be paid $6400 over the course of a 400 hour Fall internship ($16/hr), running from August 7-December 16. Additionally, each intern will receive $160 as a transportation stipend. Leadership Triangle will administer all payments.
As a part of the total 400 hour commitment, each intern will engage with LT for 40 hours of leadership development and career support, including 1:1 career and leadership coaching.
Interns will begin and end their internship within a cohort of 9 other students, to promote networking across local HBCUs. There will be an initial intern's retreat as well as a closing ceremony and celebration.
The application deadline is July 8th. Interns will be notified of an application decision during the week of July 18th.
If selected, interns will be expected to join the cohort for an initial leadership retreat held from Sun., August 7th – Mon., Aug 8th in Rocky Mount, NC. Leadership Triangle has arranged lodging for interns and staff. Meals will be provided. Interns will be expected to arrange their own transportation and arrive no later than 2pm on August 7th. If transportation is an issue, please contact us at Lana@leadershiptriangle.com.
The internship will end with a celebratory capstone event on December 16, 2022 at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.