Senior Cloud Engineer
Kaleido, located in Raleigh NC, is a rapidly growing tech start-up. Kaleido makes blockchain and digital assets radically simple for organizations to adopt so that businesses and society can benefit from decentralized technologies.Our mission is to help enterprises reinvent how their ecosystems share data, collaborate, and transact. Kaleido has been driving blockchain in the enterprise since the technology’s very inception.
At Kaleido, you'll be working on the cutting edge of blockchain and web3 technologies. We are one of the fastest-growing, highest rated tech companies in the blockchain and digital assets space worldwide. Kaleido powers the top blockchain networks and solutions globally and has been featured in WRAL Startup Unicorns, Forbes, CNBC, and many other news outlets. Kaleido received its initial investment from one of the co-founders of Ethereum. Last year the Kaleido team open-sourced its learnings & code from more than a half decade in the blockchain space and is helping drive this major new open source community called Hyperledger FireFly.
Kaleido is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer with a passion for engineering high scale infrastructure systems using cutting edge tools and practices. The successful candidate can own end-to-end challenges that span across code, network architecture, and infrastructure. You are also a highly skilled coder who loves to dive deep to solve hard problems and drive scalable implementations. Day to day you will be overseeing a global topology of cloud-based systems including a number of Kubernetes clusters. You will also build Kubernetes operators and other tools to power scale and automation of the Kaleido platform across its core SaaS microservices, web3 blockchain infrastructure, and more.
- Help oversee and develop the platform and application hosting environment aligning them with business strategies and requirements
- Identify and implement development frameworks and technologies,
while promoting best-practices
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Diagnose problems observed in test/staging/production environments
- Previously has built a cloud SaaS
- Experience using Kubernetes on top of AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Cloud native monitoring tools, such as Grafana, ELK, Prometheus, DataDog, etc
What We’re Looking For
- Desire and ability to communicate with customers and team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years working in cloud architecture
- 5+ years working with AWS cloud
- Ability to work with many languages including, but not limited
to, NodeJS, Go, Python, and Angular.
- Ability to identify and address key engineering decision points
- Flexible approach to working, including on-call responsibilities