Senior Backend Engineer
Kaleido, located in Raleigh NC, is a rapidly growing tech start-up. Kaleido makes blockchain and digital assets radically simple for organizations to adopt so that businesses and society can benefit from decentralized technologies.Our mission is to help enterprises reinvent how their ecosystems share data, collaborate, and transact. Kaleido has been driving blockchain in the enterprise since the technology’s very inception.
At Kaleido, you'll be working on the cutting edge of blockchain and web3 technologies. We are one of the fastest-growing, highest rated tech companies in the blockchain and digital assets space worldwide. Kaleido powers the top blockchain networks and solutions globally and has been featured in WRAL Startup Unicorns, Forbes, CNBC, and many other news outlets. Kaleido received its initial investment from one of the co-founders of Ethereum. Last year the Kaleido team open-sourced its learnings & code from more than a half decade in the blockchain space and is helping drive this major new open source community called Hyperledger FireFly.
Kaleido is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Backend Engineer with a passion for enterprise blockchain software. You have an interest and/or SaaS based experience in cloud services, devops, and the developer experience - you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these areas.
- Developing code, and delivering function - 80% of role
- Leading/mentoring others across the team, on technology, and engineering practices
- Making key technology decisions in a highly empowered environment
- Customer driven delivery, within an agile team, working to bi-weekly sprints
- Building a cloud native architecture within a DevOps culture
- Building modern applications and an as-a-service platform components
- Building on top of blockchain technology - existing blockchain skills not required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Backend Engineer, with a strong focus on backend development and architecture using Typescript and Node.js
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in designing and optimizing relational databases, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, including data modeling and query optimization
- Experience in writing code in Agile, CI/CD environment.
What We’re Looking For
- Collaborative and team-centric mentality
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
- Enthusiastic and motivated to drive change through technology
- Application development experience for Microservice based applications using a framework like Gin for Go, Spring Boot for Java, Express for Node.js
- Experience for modern data storage and transport layers like MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Redis, ElasticSearch etc.
- High availability and scalability architecture experience, for cloud native deployments
- Experience of development pipeline technologies, such as Helm, Terraform, Jenkins, Concourse CI etc.
- Blockchain experience is a plus, but not required (we will train you!)