Principal Front End Engineer
Kaleido, located in Raleigh NC, is a rapidly growing tech start-up. Kaleido makes blockchain and digital assets radically simple for organizations to adopt so that businesses and society can benefit from decentralized technologies.Our mission is to help enterprises reinvent how their ecosystems share data, collaborate, and transact. Kaleido has been driving blockchain in the enterprise since the technology’s very inception.
At Kaleido, you'll be working on the cutting edge of blockchain and web3 technologies. We are one of the fastest-growing, highest rated tech companies in the blockchain and digital assets space worldwide. Kaleido powers the top blockchain networks and solutions globally and has been featured in WRAL Startup Unicorns, Forbes, CNBC, and many other news outlets. Kaleido received its initial investment from one of the co-founders of Ethereum. Last year the Kaleido team open-sourced its learnings & code from more than a half decade in the blockchain space and is helping drive this major new open source community called Hyperledger FireFly.
Kaleido is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Front End Engineer with a passion for enterprise blockchain software and systems stability, security and operational efficiency. If this describes you and you are able to thrive in a fast paced, high-growth, and dynamic environment. You have an interest and/or SaaS based experience in cloud services, devops, and the developer experience - you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these areas.
- Drive and own modern Front End methodology and practice throughout the team.
- Champion and deliver great user experience Work with close cross-functional alignment with designers, fellow engineers, and the product and business stakeholders.
- Move fast on a SaaS product as part of a platform team that practices rapid iteration and continuous delivery.
- Plan, architect and develop technical direction of Front End technology and component stack.
- Use leading technologies and the right tools for the right job.
- Write readable, maintainable code that is built to scale.
- Stay up-to-date on technical options and help select the right technology for each task.
- Mentor fellow engineers and review code.
- Deep experience with React and GraphQL.
- Strong engineering fundamentals.
- B.S. or M.S in Comp Sci and/or 7+ years of industry experience.
- Experience building large scale applications to production.
- Fluent in test automation and continuous integration.
- Strong desire to constantly improve development processes.
- Blockchain experience is a plus, but not required (we will train you!)
What We’re Looking For
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the code you write.
- A strong engineer, coder and someone who can lead by example.
- Someone who takes initiative and successfully collaborates with all parts of the organization. You will be part of a small team that is focused on getting things done.
- Comfortable with fluid requirements and ability to pivot easily.
- Passionate about building products that users will love.
- Experience with Grafana or similar real-time dashboards and analytics UI
- Experience with AWS and various data and analytics services available via AWS